• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Fyler

Fyler

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 06:12 PM

My XBox 360 broke and the onyl way to fix it is by replacing the DVD drive now I can do that but i was about to buy a new when I relized that i would need to make sure the board could read my DVD Drive, so how if I got a new DVD drive how would i go about flashing or doing what ever i have to do to get my 360 working agian?

#2 mr-blonde

mr-blonde

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 139 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 15 January 2007 - 07:28 PM

uhh.gif you need to read lot's and lot's, and if there is somthing you don't understand use SEARCH and then read some more.
if you still dont understand go to NEWBIE FORUMS and ask stupid questions in there wink.gif

#3 jameswalter

jameswalter

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,881 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 15 January 2007 - 07:37 PM

Before you read a bunch of stuff.....what is the condition of your current DVD drive. As if it is really screwed up, you may not be able to just replace it. There is a special DVD key in the firmware that you would need to put on the new drive, and if you don't have it, you are pretty much screwed (as the key hasn't been located on the MB yet).

#4 Fyler

Fyler

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 08:34 PM

QUOTE(jameswalter @ Jan 15 2007, 01:44 PM) View Post

Before you read a bunch of stuff.....what is the condition of your current DVD drive. As if it is really screwed up, you may not be able to just replace it. There is a special DVD key in the firmware that you would need to put on the new drive, and if you don't have it, you are pretty much screwed (as the key hasn't been located on the MB yet).

It won't reads games and doesnt even know what its doing, it open the tray up when i say to close it, I turn it off and it opens (It just acts weird). So ya i might wanna read up im kinda a nubby

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users