What Exactly Are The Things Built Into The Ps3 Online Network?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 nitro159

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 15 January 2007 - 06:13 PM

Hi, First topic start here, just wondering what exactly is in the ps3 online network? Details seem to be sketchy, not even the us playstation website tells you it all (www.playstation.com)
Really Im wondering about the friends lists and the ingame chat and stuff like that, but also the content and stuff, I suppose its an overview of all of it.

#2 spinr34

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 17 January 2007 - 03:15 AM

ok, i know you didn't ask for a comparison to xbox live but, honestly, xbox live silver > psn, besides the fact with xbl silver you can't play multiplayer games. just wanted to get that out of the way.

so, the psn.

the psn friend's list
there is a central list in the dashboard but, it is pointless in resistance since resistance friend's list is seperate. in other words, not every developer has to use the psn friend's list and format, they can do whatever they want and unfortunately, insomniac has elected to do whatever they want. (note: dev's can use the psn friend's list and i believe as time goes on more dev's will do this to make it appear more like xbox live. who really wants to have a seperate friend's list for every game?)

the psn store
it's ugly, sorry, but it is. there are only 3 things on the screen at a time and the icons are overly huge. currently there isn't any background downloading. also content is added nearly as fast as xbox live's content is. sure, it will take sony a while to get it started but right now, xbox live is leagues ahead of psn in content and store features/usability. there are some downloadable games, like xbox live arcade and nintendo's virtual console but, they aren't anything special and most are overpriced at $10.

pretty simple, text messaging, voice messaging. there's chat but i haven't tested it. i don't have a usb or bluetooth headset so i can't vouch for actually use of the voice chat features but, they're there.

that's pretty much about it. there isn't much to it. if you are looking for an online experience, xbox live will be the best experience, probably throughout this console generation.

of course i recommend (if possible) you try out both, xbox live and psn.

#3 nitro159

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 17 January 2007 - 06:57 PM

Thanks you for all of that, I have tried Xbox Live on my friends one, and understand how that system works such as Friends, chat, Etc...

I understand that the Psn is alot behind due to the release and the format layouts, but soon I will be getting Both either way, Thanks for your help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users