neverwill

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 726 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 15 January 2007 - 08:01 PM

I realise I never finished off that skin I was working on a few months ago, and in some ways I didn't complete it simply because I wasn't all that happy with it.

I started over new a few months ago and just recently picked it up again when nes asked me if he could have it. Hopefully everyone likes this.

As it is, this will appear in the next release, however there is still time to change some things if everyone tells me they absolutely hate it or have any suggestions.

Here's a look

Main menu--

The cartridges are the zooming animated logo
IPB Image

Rom browser--

You'll notice the brightness of the blue lines shifts from the right (main menu) to the left. With the fade effect this looks pretty cool, like turning on or off a switch. Also, The bar at the bottom where the full name text appears is the 'character animation'. It 'ejects' from the bottom when you go to the rombrowser.
IPB Image

Here is what the rombrowser looks like with preview image--
IPB Image

I still don't have a music track picked out, so any suggestions (with some possible links) would be great.

Thoughts, suggestions, love it's, hate it's-Always welcome.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Also, here's a sample preview of a mario and metroid version I've done as well, which will come out in a bit if people like them).

Mario-- (the menu selections will go in the biggest star and the mushroom will be the animated logo).
W.I.P image
IPB Image

Metroid-- (the menu selections will go in the largest orb of the charging blast, the metroid will be the animated logo)
W.I.P image
IPB Image

I realise people might be sick of the characters haha, but I couldn't help myself, I thought these turned out well.

beerchug.gif

#2 Retroplay

Retroplay

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 15 January 2007 - 08:16 PM

Beautiful.. just beautiful. smile.gif
What about adding an option to choose either japanese or european style cartridges and Super NES/Famicom on the first skin ?
Getting tired of Samus Aran ??? no way. biggrin.gif

#3 neverwill

neverwill

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 08:36 PM

QUOTE(Retroplay @ Jan 15 2007, 08:23 PM) View Post

Beautiful.. just beautiful. smile.gif
What about adding an option to choose either japanese or european style cartridges and Super NES/Famicom on the first skin ?
Getting tired of Samus Aran ??? no way. biggrin.gif

If you can point me in the direction of some images, I could do that. I have no idea what the jap carts look like. I'll check out google and see what I can find.

Edited by neverwill, 15 January 2007 - 08:36 PM.

#4 irishwhip

irishwhip

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 414 posts
  • Interests:unhealthy

Posted 15 January 2007 - 08:54 PM

very nice. the blue ones kind of remind me of the ps2 styling though biggrin.gif

#5 Retroplay

Retroplay

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 15 January 2007 - 09:55 PM

IPB Image

Japenese carts and euro carts have the same design same thing goes for the console.

IPB Image

I was hoping to find some images showing carts from different angles but it's not easy. sad.gif

#6 enderandrew

enderandrew

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 05:20 PM

I really like this, but I also really recall liking the last version you were working on.

Any chance you might release both?

#7 micbic

micbic

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 509 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 18 January 2007 - 01:29 AM

Wow, i love it. I would also probably prefer the japanese snes because thats the one we got here in Australia but i dont really mind either way.

#8 Fox the Sly

Fox the Sly

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 19 January 2007 - 06:26 AM

Wow, that's awesome. cool.gif

#9 Hopeful

Hopeful

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 19 January 2007 - 09:57 AM

I love the first one. It's clean, and number-crunchy yet stylish. It's also Generic in the good sense that you can play one game without launching it off of the skin representing another game. A skin that looks like a computerised interface for this rather than a single game. I love that sort of thing in a skin. The complex touches set it over the edge in more than one way. This is actually probably the best skin I've seen in a long time, exactly the way it's shown here. If you modify it in any way I request to also keep this version.

The others are superb examples of your favorite and popular themes here too. They're all fresh and clean looking, with a pop to them. Try not to change them too much if you don't have to. From an onlookers point of view the art looks completely crisp and finished for all of these. I second the japanese cartridge thing if it's possible, since it looks cool... But only if it doesn't break the exact look that any of these already have. Thanks again for providing us with fabulous art designs for our classics

comp.gif

Edited by Hopeful, 19 January 2007 - 09:59 AM.

#10 ttamez

ttamez

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 02:33 PM

wow i want to use those immediately.

#11 neverwill

neverwill

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 08:06 PM

Thanks for the replies. Glad to hear you all like it.

#12 spokenrope

spokenrope

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 03:46 AM

Very very hotsex skins man. Thanks so much.

Is there a reason that the Metroid skin has 3 notches next to the logo in the upper right corner? I don't really mind it, but it just doesn't match the way that the other 2 skins are.

#13 Rotfloljfk

Rotfloljfk

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 299 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 20 January 2007 - 09:59 PM

maybe you could put in a little cameo of the lesser known Super Nintendo 2?

#14 neverwill

neverwill

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 12:29 AM

QUOTE(spokenrope @ Jan 20 2007, 03:53 AM) View Post

Very very hotsex skins man. Thanks so much.

Is there a reason that the Metroid skin has 3 notches next to the logo in the upper right corner? I don't really mind it, but it just doesn't match the way that the other 2 skins are.

No reason, it's a work in progress image. Some things that have been changed on the other skins haven't been changed on that one yet.

@ Rotfloljfk, super nintendo 2?

#15 nes6502

nes6502

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 06:09 AM

I think he means this:

http://www.silicium....tendo/snes2.htm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users