• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Kr470s_Fenix

Kr470s_Fenix

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 11:04 PM

Now that I have had my 360 for a year I have decided to attempt a FW hack. I am not really new to the media backup scene, but I have no clue what is going wrong here. First thing I did was take the lazy way out with the x360 USB adaptor thinking I could cut time. Went in and flash the FW with not problems. Then I left the drive plugged into my PC and inserted Lost Planet so I could extract the SS.bin, PFI.bin, and DMI.bin. Then hotswap the disc with TOS Season 2 Disc 2 which is about 7.9gb. Process failed first run with redundancy issues so I changed the layout to CDD and it worked perfect. I then Merged the ss to the iso after this I cloneCD at 2.0x. But when I insert the backup game disc into my 360 I get the To Play this disc, put it in an XBOX 360 console. So I have checked to see how it comes up in my pc and it reconizes the disc as a 360game. Any ideas on where to go from here would make me happy. Should I try DVD decrypter and see if that works. Or do you think it could be the FW (xtreme). Or is it a case in the layout of the hotswap I have made an error by comverting that one C to a D. Any ideas except beating my head against the desk would be nice, thank you in advance

#2 jameswalter

jameswalter

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,881 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 16 January 2007 - 12:30 AM

You used the hotswap method with a 360 drive? You only need to do that if ripping a game with a normal DVD drive. Just throw the game in the 360 drive, start up XBC or Schtrom Xtract and it will extract the Video, Game, SS, DMI, and PFI all for you in one nice burnable image.

#3 Kr470s_Fenix

Kr470s_Fenix

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 01:32 AM

No I did the hotswap with a standard windows DL drive. I cant currently use your method since I dont have the samsung drive with the kreon FW required for Schtrom. But I do have a pioneer 111D, I am going to try and get a hold of the Samsung drive in the next week, so I don't need to go through all the work that I am currently

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users