Zlatan

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 14 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 16 January 2007 - 07:46 PM

Hi,

I'm thinking about to flash my 360, but I know that a quite big amount of all units shows "the ring of death". Recently a friend of mine got that problem.

So, I'm wondering if anyone have had a defect unit, that they got reapired by m$?

#2 Lice_01

Lice_01

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 326 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 16 January 2007 - 07:57 PM

in order to flash the Xbox 360 you would need to open it, voiding the warranty. With no warranty Microsoft won't fix it. Unless you warranty has run out, then they will charge you $139 to fix it. But I don't think they will fix opened units.

#3 Zlatan

Zlatan

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 08:03 PM

QUOTE(Lice_01 @ Jan 16 2007, 08:04 PM) View Post

in order to flash the Xbox 360 you would need to open it, voiding the warranty. With no warranty Microsoft won't fix it. Unless you warranty has run out, then they will charge you $139 to fix it. But I don't think they will fix opened units.

I know that. What I'm wondering is if someone has removed the sticker before opening it, and then put it on afterwards. There are also stores selling stickers.

#4 Kage

Kage

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 08:14 PM

i had the same question, I had flash my 360 w/ xtreme 5.2, and 2 week later got the ring of death. Called MS explained to the rep. that I had the ring of death and my warranty was out since i had bought on 12-25-05. An that i had openned it up since it was overheating badly. They sent me a box to send it out for repairs and 2 weeks later i had a new xbox 360. But now i got a hitachi dvd drive, my old xbox 360 had a samsung drive.

#5 Lice_01

Lice_01

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 326 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 16 January 2007 - 08:45 PM

QUOTE(Zlatan @ Jan 16 2007, 02:10 PM) View Post

I know that. What I'm wondering is if someone has removed the sticker before opening it, and then put it on afterwards. There are also stores selling stickers.

Why is it that people constantly try to do stuff like this? You know the consequences of opening your Xbox 360, you void your warranty. So if your console gets fucked up theres nothing you can do but try to fix it yourself. Stuff like that isn't allowed in the forums and you should really read the rules.

Posts Advocating Fraud

Do not make any posts advising/ advocating Fraud. Do not post advising or asking how to return goods and dishonestly attempt to obtain a warranty repair or replacement if you have voided the warranty by tampering with or opening the casing on a console. Posters asking how to get round the issue of voiding the warranty and posters offering advice on the same will lose their accounts here. If you break the seal you void the warranty.

#6 Zlatan

Zlatan

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 09:19 PM

I apologise. Admin please remove this thread and give a warning.

#7 deakphreak

deakphreak

Ting

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,432 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 16 January 2007 - 09:37 PM

Done and Done

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users