• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jay_galway

jay_galway

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 10:53 AM

Hi, I have a dilema, I want to be able to connect my video output from my 360 into more than one screen, also I need to do the same with the sound.

Let me explain, currently I have a single plasma screen and a single amp, the plasma screen recieves the video input as you expect via composite cable from the 360, and the amp recieves the sound via the opitical out from the 360. This is in the living room.

Now the problem I have is this, I want to be able to have the same signal, video and sound output to a totally different room in the house, say my bedroom, leaving in the 360 living room.

What is the best way to do this? I assume I need a special piece of kit that takes the sound and video in and allows this to be sent to other screens amps etc. How do high street stores do it, you know when you see mutliple screens displaying the same DVD etc? Also I guess the cables will need to be long to reach the bedroom, will this be possible, ie will the video and sound signal still be good enough over a long distance?

Also I was hoping that the sound out could be either optical to the amp and stereo for the second plasma, as it has its own stereo speakers attached.

Any info help, pointers etc will be greatly appreciated.

#2 Morlok8k

Morlok8k

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts
  • Interests:Games<br />xbox modding<br />computer fixing<br />sex (with women)<br />drinking
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 17 January 2007 - 12:20 PM

for the video, you need 3 rca splitters (one for the green, blue, and red each - or one if you use the yellow video cable) and the nessary cable to go to the other room.

for optical audio, i know of no splitter, but i beleive you can use the stereo rca cables at the same time as the optical audio.
i am not certian of this. you might want to check that out first. (i dont use optical)

i dont know what your setup is like, but if you have a componet system, it could output the audio in stereo as well as to your speakers, but this would depend on your setup.

having an all stereo setup would be very easy - just use 2 splitters the audio.

so, each splitter would look like this: (each "----------" is a rca cable of however long you need it)
CODE

360---------splitter---------output 1
                   \-------------output 2

also, splitters have 2 female connection and 1 male, so depending on how you do the cables and stuff, you might (probably) need some female/female adapters

#3 chinchillanet

chinchillanet

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 29 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 17 January 2007 - 01:14 PM

in high street stores they simply have a series of cables going to various wall sockets on the shop floor, these all go back to a main vcr/dvd/satellite machine out the back

this is done the same way as above, using a splitter or you can just tap an extra wire on if you want, this would reduce video quality for sure though

as for splitting sound, hmm, the only way ive managed to do it was using my Denon amp, it has multi-room functions, allowing you to put speakers in different rooms of the shouse and play one source in one room, while another is in the completely different room

other than that, youd need to use the standard phono connectors and then use a audio/video splitter to do the job.

like the guy above said, i dont think there is a splitter avaiable for optical connection.. and if there was, it would probably cost as much as a new amp and speakers anyways lol

#4 jay_galway

jay_galway

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 01:45 PM

QUOTE(chinchillanet @ Jan 17 2007, 12:21 PM) View Post

in high street stores they simply have a series of cables going to various wall sockets on the shop floor, these all go back to a main vcr/dvd/satellite machine out the back

this is done the same way as above, using a splitter or you can just tap an extra wire on if you want, this would reduce video quality for sure though

as for splitting sound, hmm, the only way ive managed to do it was using my Denon amp, it has multi-room functions, allowing you to put speakers in different rooms of the shouse and play one source in one room, while another is in the completely different room

other than that, youd need to use the standard phono connectors and then use a audio/video splitter to do the job.

like the guy above said, i dont think there is a splitter avaiable for optical connection.. and if there was, it would probably cost as much as a new amp and speakers anyways lol

Hey guys, thanks for the responses, having thought about it I think I can do the same on my AMP, I have a yamaha DSP 7 channel amp, and it prolly can take some extra speakers which can be switched between, which would solve the problem most likely.

#5 chinchillanet

chinchillanet

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 29 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 18 January 2007 - 12:04 PM

i actually had a look at the back of my amp after posting that, heres a pic
IPB Image
you can see where ive ringed the multi room connections

i love this amp, i couldnt live without it!

there is a newer version of this amp, which also includes hdmi and 1080p support

#6 hamwbone

hamwbone

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 18 January 2007 - 12:21 PM

radio shack used to have an optical splitter for like 20$, i have one laying around here somewhere. they do exist and are fairly simple, its half the size of a deck of cards and requires no power. as far as running the video, what distance are you looking to run this, think off all distance, not as a crow flys. gona be very important.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users