• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Cerinthus

Cerinthus

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 11:52 AM

This might be a silly question, but I can't find any information anywhere.

How do I scan my video files, and get IMDB info? I'm using the latest T3CH build of XBMC.

The Wiki suggests that I should see "Query Info for All Files" on the context menu of the share/folder. I don't. It also suggests pressing the black button, which only brings me to the playlist. Neither of these do me a whit of good.

I can get IMDB info, but it's on its own, not associated with the appropriate movie, and only sitting, useless, in my Library. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

#2 CHI3f

CHI3f

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 18 January 2007 - 12:05 PM

Hit the white button on the folder your movies are in and select Set Content. The rest should be pretty self explanitory.

#3 Cerinthus

Cerinthus

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 04:20 AM

Thanks a ton!

#4 Cirip

Cirip

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 05:00 PM

Hi all!

A tried a lot but I can't find the correct terms of the filenames of the movies.
For example If I would have the Pulp Ficition movie in avi format what could be the filename to the XBMC find the relevant movie info on IMDB?

Best regards!
C.

#5 drunkmunk

drunkmunk

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 283 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 21 February 2009 - 06:37 PM

A tried a lot but I can't find the correct terms of the filenames of the movies.
For example If I would have the Pulp Ficition movie in avi format what could be the filename to the XBMC find the relevant movie info on IMDB?

there's two easy ways. you can either have it scrape or find movies off of the folder name (it's an option under the library section). or just copy the imdb url to your movie into notepad and save it as a .nfo and save the nfo in the same folder as the avi.

that's the way I do it.

Edited by drunkmunk, 21 February 2009 - 06:37 PM.

#6 Cirip

Cirip

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 11:49 PM

Hi Drunkmunk!

Ok, I copied the proper IMDB urls to every directories. In most cases it is works fine but sometimes (for example) the shown datas in the movie info are weritten in german (but I check the url and that is an english version). I am not german and the movie arent too. So I dont know what can be the problem.

#7 drunkmunk

drunkmunk

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 283 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 28 February 2009 - 01:20 AM

i've had a somewhat similar issues but it's usually a movie poster from a foreign country. you can try manually changing the movie info to see if it helps. just select the movie and hit the white button and choose movie info. you may be able to select the correct movie. also make sure that imdb is set as the scraper.

hope it helps

drunkmunk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users