Posted 18 January 2007 - 11:15 PM
Earlier today I had taken off a jacket while holding my Zune and I built up an abnormal amount of static electricity. I felt a shock in the hand holding the Zune and it immediately shut off. I couldn't turn it on for quite a while. It finally did turn back on (as if it had been hard reset) and worked fine...until I got home. When I plug it into my computer it seems to charge correctly and the Zune program even seems to recognize that some sort of device has been plugged in, but it does not recognize it as a Zune. I know that shorting devices can result in damaging connections. Does anyone have any input as to whether or not that might have occurred here?