goldensons2

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 53 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 20 January 2007 - 12:30 AM

Hi, Iam new here. Mine has Ver 1.4 with DuoX2 blue. Everything is "virgin".
I have the cdrw 2.7 slayer boot (at last). Crossover cable. My Question are:
1. When do I need to connect the cable (when both in power off or...?) I don't see this in the tutorial.
2. When I boot, I was stuck on the PRE STEP #2 (back up thing). In the manual is written to ftp, but how can I ftp while there is no Dash on my box?
3. Do I need to back up the retail HDD if I have plan to put a new blank HDD from beginning? Another word, Can I just pull the retail, put the new, boot the slayer, finally from the slayer menu choose new install on new blank HDD then when I want to sell it in "virigin" condition just pull the upgrade HDD, put the retail, pull the chip and done? Please give me some advices/responds. My wife is getting "hot" bcause almost everday Iam staring on the xbox thing on the internet.
Thank in advance. uhh.gif

#2 1hotjob

1hotjob

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,761 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 20 January 2007 - 05:38 AM

Pull the Xbox hd and put in the new one.

Run Slayer's and do the install. You will get an IP with Slayer's. Probably 192.168.0.2 or 192.168.0.3, but you won't need it.

#3 goldensons2

goldensons2

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 07:17 AM

QUOTE(1hotjob @ Jan 19 2007, 11:45 PM) View Post

Pull the Xbox hd and put in the new one.

Run Slayer's and do the install. You will get an IP with Slayer's. Probably 192.168.0.2 or 192.168.0.3, but you won't need it.

Thank. So I don't have to back up the old HD first right? Just pull the old then put the new one, run slayer installation done. So when I put back my old/retail HD that will be on the same state like before I pull it??. I need this information because Just in Case if I mess up something that only in the new HDD, and My son will not "kill" me because I ruin his box. So we still can play like usually on the retail HDD??
Sorry for my over concern about my box, Iam not the fast and easy style person, first of all in this thing.
Anyway, how difficult to back up the retail Hd with crossover method? ( like on slayer manual mention, always done the PRE STEP first then go to the other.

#4 1hotjob

1hotjob

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderator
  • 4,761 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 05:06 PM

Put the Slayer's disk in and get FTP access with one of the mentioned IPs. Start up your FTP software, make a folder on the PC, Original Xbox (Or whatever) and FTP the C and E drives to it. This is a good idea to do so you can have access to the current game saves to FTP back over after you have modded the new drive.

Doing it the way I mentioned doesn't change anything on your original drive. You can disable the mod chip and put the original back in with no problems.

After getting the new HD in, run the option to back up the eeprom. FTP the eeprom to your Xbox folder on the PC. That is the most important file to back up from your Xbox.

#5 goldensons2

goldensons2

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 09:23 PM

QUOTE(1hotjob @ Jan 20 2007, 11:13 AM) View Post

Put the Slayer's disk in and get FTP access with one of the mentioned IPs. Start up your FTP software, make a folder on the PC, Original Xbox (Or whatever) and FTP the C and E drives to it. This is a good idea to do so you can have access to the current game saves to FTP back over after you have modded the new drive.

Doing it the way I mentioned doesn't change anything on your original drive. You can disable the mod chip and put the original back in with no problems.

After getting the new HD in, run the option to back up the eeprom. FTP the eeprom to your Xbox folder on the PC. That is the most important file to back up from your Xbox.

Thanks.
So according to your paragraph 1 and 3, if Iam not wrong. I should to save my retail Hdd with option #2 (save Bios/EEprom xbox c backup) with FTP. Then, pull it. Put the new Hdd, FTP with PC, put EEprom from PC to Xbox, and then.....is Done?? [b]OR[/b] Put the new Hdd, boot the slayer, click on the #3a, a1 option (New Install on large Hdd), then let the slayer do the job?? Is that correct?
I plan to do it tonight.

#6 goldensons2

goldensons2

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 06:02 AM

QUOTE(goldensons2 @ Jan 20 2007, 03:30 PM) View Post

Thanks.
So according to your paragraph 1 and 3, if Iam not wrong. I should to save my retail Hdd with option #2 (save Bios/EEprom xbox c backup) with FTP. Then, pull it. Put the new Hdd, FTP with PC, put EEprom from PC to Xbox, and then.....is Done?? [b]OR[/b] Put the new Hdd, boot the slayer, click on the #3a, a1 option (New Install on large Hdd), then let the slayer do the job?? Is that correct?
I plan to do it tonight.

uhh.gif uhh.gif uhh.gif Need Helppp.... Iam stuck on the first step of dash installation. On the slayer boot disk setting page, I see the IP is 0.0.0.0 on the shade blue and not shade (the one that I can change) is 192.168.1.200 On the PC site (LAN NIC properties) I put exactly same...failed, 192.168.1.201 failed. I use a 6e crossover cable. Any help please!!!!!!!!!! uhh.gif uhh.gif uhh.gif

Note: While I turned of the xbox, on the bottom right (small network icon) poped a network cable is unplugged.

Edited by goldensons2, 22 January 2007 - 06:14 AM.

#7 1hotjob

1hotjob

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderator
  • 4,761 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 04:11 PM

When you see the IP settings, do you see the subnet and gateway? Make sure the PC and Xbox have the same settings for both.

What are you using to FTP with? What errors are you getting? Try using a command prompt and ping the IP address. Type in ping 192.168.1.200. See if you get responses or time out errors.

You can try to connect to the Xbox using Windows Explorer. Type in the address bar this command:

FTP://xbox:xbox@192.168.1.200

Let me know if any of that works for you.

You can also just pull the old HD without backing it up. You can get the eeprom off the new HD after you install it and get it working. You won't get the game saves from your old HD unless you back them up to a mem card.

#8 goldensons2

goldensons2

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 05:55 PM

QUOTE(1hotjob @ Jan 22 2007, 10:18 AM) View Post

When you see the IP settings, do you see the subnet and gateway? Make sure the PC and Xbox have the same settings for both.

What are you using to FTP with? What errors are you getting? Try using a command prompt and ping the IP address. Type in ping 192.168.1.200. See if you get responses or time out errors.

You can try to connect to the Xbox using Windows Explorer. Type in the address bar this command:

FTP://xbox:xbox@192.168.1.200

Let me know if any of that works for you.
You can also just pull the old HD without backing it up. You can get the eeprom off the new HD after you install it and get it working. You won't get the game saves from your old HD unless you back them up to a mem card.

I used 6e crossover cab. Yes, I put subnet and gateway same, the ip on the setting page option slayer boot disk! (NOT a dashboard though), ON PC, I tried put same--failed, I put 192.168.1.201..failed (Failed to connect/ on Flashfxp).

When I turn off the xbox,I saw on my pc screen, pop up from the small icon on the bottom right hand side icons (the network icon/the thiny ones with 2 small monitors it written something network cable unplugged), it seem has connection already but ???? Or I have to install the dashboard first then do back up (while on the slayer manual I supossed to back up first then do the rest of the options.

Edited by goldensons2, 22 January 2007 - 06:04 PM.

#9 1hotjob

1hotjob

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderator
  • 4,761 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 01:55 AM

Let's try this:

Put the new HD in and prepare it using Slayer's. We will worry about the other game saves later.

Don't worry about getting FTP access, just make the drive and get it going.

#10 goldensons2

goldensons2

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 02:54 PM

QUOTE(1hotjob @ Jan 22 2007, 08:02 PM) View Post

Let's try this:

Put the new HD in and prepare it using Slayer's. We will worry about the other game saves later.

Don't worry about getting FTP access, just make the drive and get it going.

Yeah I will..... Actually Iam not worry to loose the game saves, the one that I concern is I mess up the new Hdd then when I switch back to my retail Hdd I can not play too. But I think, I have to try it because I believe somebody here like you will help me if I find a problem.

#11 goldensons2

goldensons2

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 05:25 PM

I moved to the Hardware forum since I "put" the Ftp thing in bottom of the sea (for now).
I did the Hd upgrade but felt slept when I was downloading the slayer 2.7. Btw, how long to download that slayer??

#12 goldensons2

goldensons2

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 02:45 PM

QUOTE(goldensons2 @ Jan 24 2007, 11:32 AM) View Post

I moved to the Hardware forum since I "put" the Ftp thing in bottom of the sea (for now).
I did the Hd upgrade but felt slept when I was downloading the slayer 2.7. Btw, how long to download that slayer??

Last night, I did FTP thing and showed me both drives corectly, so Mr Hot is right , install the dash first then you can FTP, With only boot disc in the drive w/out install it first will be useless. jester.gif
Does anybody know what is the normal(max) temp of Mb, Hdd?

#13 Xombe

Xombe

X-S Xbox Xombe

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,198 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 31 January 2007 - 12:33 AM

QUOTE(goldensons2 @ Jan 30 2007, 10:52 PM) View Post

Last night, I did FTP thing and showed me both drives corectly, so Mr Hot is right , install the dash first then you can FTP, With only boot disc in the drive w/out install it first will be useless.

At no point did he say it was necessary. Only a good idea as you were a bit confused.

And, your assumtion is incorrect. You can FTP into any software running an FTP server provided it's running in memory, beit from a boot disc, a gamesave exploit, etc.

Far from useless. It was the only way to do it for a long time done for years before these autoinstallers became popular.

As for hardware tempuratures, check the pinned topic in Newbie Chat. It contains the FAQs (in this case, look for the general hardware FAQ).

Edited by Xombe, 31 January 2007 - 12:34 AM.

#14 goldensons2

goldensons2

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 12:45 AM

QUOTE(Xombe @ Jan 30 2007, 06:40 PM) View Post

At no point did he say it was necessary. Only a good idea as you were a bit confused.

And, your assumtion is incorrect. You can FTP into any software running an FTP server provided it's running in memory, beit from a boot disc, a gamesave exploit, etc.

Far from useless. It was the only way to do it for a long time done for years before these autoinstallers became popular.

As for hardware tempuratures, check the pinned topic in Newbie Chat. It contains the FAQs (in this case, look for the general hardware FAQ).

Ahh sumimasen!!Sensei!! Mada Atarashi dakara! Sorry just new here, I just tried telling my experiences from mod chip installed till ftping and I sucessed with that way. Domo/thank ph34r.gif smile.gif

#15 Xombe

Xombe

X-S Xbox Xombe

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,198 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 31 January 2007 - 12:51 AM

That's alright. Just so you know. Knowledge is important.

And you left off the final "i" in 'new'... All non-"na" adjectives end in double "i" syllables.

Edited by Xombe, 31 January 2007 - 12:52 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users