Photo

Mc360 1.0 Theme Details - Things Have Changed!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 Blackbolt

Blackbolt

Skin God

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts
  • Interests:Graphic Design
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 20 January 2007 - 08:59 PM

Hello fellow artists.

MC360 1.0 contains changes to the way the graphics are layed out and in some cases, filenames. So what will happen is as soon as we are totally clear on the file names etc, we will list the changes here in this topic. I am giving everyone this advanced warning just like I did with the Folder icons for the custom folder makers.

As you know MC360 1.0 is going to have unprotected XPRs. This means its totally open to the public, to get in there and do what they want. Thats not all, EqUiNoX, our good buddy who created the XBMC Skin Editor has been working hard on a new tool, XPR Express. This new tool is a GUI app to compress your own skin theme XPRs and also EXTRACT them too. This tool will launch when MC360 1.0 launches too. So you will be able to browse the xprs and also extract them to play around.

Ok so if you have made a theme previously and still have all your source files great, because you will need to dust them off and re submit, but this time to Team Blackbolt, more details on that process later too. As we are finishing off changes atm, in preperation for our release, I cannot give you a complete list of changes yet, so hang tight and stick to this topic. But by all means ask questions and I will try to answer as best I can.

Thanks, and sorry for the inconvience.

#2 Nubbs

Nubbs

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 20 January 2007 - 09:43 PM

Thank you for the heads-up. This was something i was curious about.

#3 dmx_wyrw

dmx_wyrw

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 21 January 2007 - 05:00 PM

Thanks blackbolt for the steady and informative updates.

#4 nige182

nige182

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 23 January 2007 - 08:45 PM

Will themes be the only thing downloadable directly from MC360 in XBMC Live or will we also be able to get wallpaper packs or anything else?

Also, could you possibly add a change for wallpaper packs so when you try to load a full set it first tries the individual names (wallpaper-games, etc) and then if it fails to find one tries to load a universal file like wallpaper-allblade before the error message is displayed, it's just that some wallpapers released here before (like Dragon) were very nice but only had one image for all the main backgrounds and it saves having to make several copies and rename them all for each of these themes (or loading all backgrounds individually), just a thought to make it slightly easier to use.

Edited by nige182, 23 January 2007 - 08:46 PM.

#5 Blackbolt

Blackbolt

Skin God

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts
  • Interests:Graphic Design
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 23 January 2007 - 11:18 PM

QUOTE(nige182 @ Jan 23 2007, 07:52 PM) View Post

Will themes be the only thing downloadable directly from MC360 in XBMC Live or will we also be able to get wallpaper packs or anything else?

Also, could you possibly add a change for wallpaper packs so when you try to load a full set it first tries the individual names (wallpaper-games, etc) and then if it fails to find one tries to load a universal file like wallpaper-allblade before the error message is displayed, it's just that some wallpapers released here before (like Dragon) were very nice but only had one image for all the main backgrounds and it saves having to make several copies and rename them all for each of these themes (or loading all backgrounds individually), just a thought to make it slightly easier to use.

Yes I agree, the wallpaper pack thing needs updating. I will speak to Donno, but can't promise anything, if its not in for 1.0, maybe another updated version down the line.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users