Photo

99% Completed My Xbox In Pc Case.. Super Sweet!

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#16 lpezster

lpezster

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 January 2007 - 07:12 PM

QUOTE(hellogoodbye2 @ Jan 21 2007, 04:45 PM) View Post

omg dont even make me post the videos

We need videos!

Good job btw smile.gif
I think i might buy some plexi and screw that on, and then use spacers upon the plexi. I'll make a worklog of it, if i am going to do it.

#17 henmill

henmill

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts
  • Interests:computers, video games, modding, general electronics
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 21 January 2007 - 07:25 PM

excellent case choice for an xbox, looks awesome. job well done smile.gif

#18 lpezster

lpezster

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 12:47 AM

WELL, i was just doing this with another case. And i made a psu holder with the dvd metal. I was taiping it, and using plastic... And i plugged in the p-p-p-p-p-POWWAH!
Guess what happened? I hadnt isolated it good enough, so.. No worklog from me.. I can upload the images i took before it happened, if anyone want tongue.gif

I'm leaving the Xbox1 scene, and i'll do some 360 mods instead. Unless i buy an atx to xbox adapter, if not the whole shibang was shorted.

#19 garver

garver

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 01:11 AM

Why is this not in the image galleries this is one of the best looking xboxs i've seen. (been lurking the forms since 03)

#20 G0t M4xx 21

G0t M4xx 21

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,990 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 22 January 2007 - 03:38 AM

Nice Xbox, very nice.

I'd ditch that phillips drive though and get one of the PC drives that can be modded to work in the Xbox like the Samsung 616T or Hitachi 8163B/8164B, then you'd still have all the functionality of the Xbox drive but a really clean look on the front.

I have a couple pre-modded black 616T's laying around if you're interested, plug and play.

#21 microstar22

microstar22

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Xbox, PC Gaming, Ebaying for profit, Fixing just about anything
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 22 January 2007 - 10:34 AM

I wanted to keep the xbox drive because:

a) I ran out of money
cool.gif I wanted something to let people know it was an xbox
c) I ran out of money

#22 lpezster

lpezster

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 09:00 PM

QUOTE(microstar22 @ Jan 22 2007, 10:41 AM) View Post

I wanted to keep the xbox drive because:

a) I ran out of money
cool.gif I wanted something to let people know it was an xbox
c) I ran out of money

You forgot to mention that you ran out of money.

#23 dvn123

dvn123

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 07:07 AM

nice man really nice.

I was thinking of doing something like this myself but I couldn't work out how to get the power switch to work with the one on the case. How did you get around it?

#24 DoomMaster

DoomMaster

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts
  • Interests:Vintage Computers, N-Scale Trains, Video Games, Dogs, Astronomy
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 12 November 2007 - 08:57 AM

In all honesty, dude, it looks like crap. It actually looks like you only spent one evening working on it. Nicely done XBOX consoles usually take at least 2 to 4 WEEKS to do. So, if you take your time, and carefully plan out your case mod, your finished product will look a lot nicer. I do like the green on the front of the case. It is a cool XBOX color.

The best case to put an XBOX into is a multimedia desktop PC case. You can get these cases from eBay for between $100 to $190. biggrin.gif

#25 garver

garver

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 02:29 PM

I think it looks good.

#26 Infamous Ob

Infamous Ob

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts
  • Interests:Family&Children, Traveling, Skateboarding, Cars, Electronics, Music, G4TV, Nice Homes, GTA Modding
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 12 November 2007 - 11:06 PM

QUOTE(DoomMaster @ Nov 12 2007, 03:33 AM) View Post

In all honesty, dude, it looks like crap. It actually looks like you only spent one evening working on it. Nicely done XBOX consoles usually take at least 2 to 4 WEEKS to do. So, if you take your time, and carefully plan out your case mod, your finished product will look a lot nicer. I do like the green on the front of the case. It is a cool XBOX color.

The best case to put an XBOX into is a multimedia desktop PC case. You can get these cases from eBay for between $100 to $190. biggrin.gif

Dog! Who the fuck are you? Stop hatin! That is one of the sweetest XB to PC mods in here. Xboxes can run off of PC PSU's? I didn't know that. Looks snug and fit in there.

#27 DoomMaster

DoomMaster

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts
  • Interests:Vintage Computers, N-Scale Trains, Video Games, Dogs, Astronomy

Posted 13 November 2007 - 12:28 AM

Who am I, just a person who is an expert on modding XBOX consoles. I am just being honest and telling the guy what he needs to hear so that he can do a better job. You guys are not being honest and are just telling him what he wants to hear. That is not going to help him to do a better job. rolleyes.gif

#28 Dano2k0

Dano2k0

The Cooling King

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 13 November 2007 - 12:35 AM

Now now guys, everyone is entitled to their opinion, constructive critisim is expected on these boards.

Anyone being an out right idiot will be punished accordingly.

Oh and DoomMaster i haven't seen any of your xbox modding expert work, maybe you'd like to share?

------------------

With that out of the way, the mod is a good idea, but in my opinion could have been executed better.

But with that being said, did none of you realise this thread is from Jan 20 2007? Its clocking on for a year old.

Any xbox to PC mod in my eyes stands as being very simple, a number of ways to do it, various conversion parts are available, and modding things to suit seems straight forward to me.

I personally think the DVD drive should have been different, i'd have used a PC converted DVD drive, it would have suited the PC look 100% and made the whole thing considerably more worth while i think.

All in all, the mod is nice, if the owner is happy as it is, then all is good, some constructive critisim is fine, thats what modding forums are often about, feedback, if its good or bad.

Personally i think for a Xbox to PC mod, the case choice was bang on the money, a few additions would go along way, such as a PC DVD drive conversion, and the IO plate could have done with a custom cut one to suit instead of some insulation tape.

Edited by Dano2k0, 13 November 2007 - 12:37 AM.

#29 seninha

seninha

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 12:29 PM

I think it looks great. Much better then the Xbox case itself smile.gif

As I use my Xbox only to watch movies and play music idea is to put all the hardware inside a HTPC case.
There is only one thing that I just can figure out.

How did you connect the Power and Reset button of your case to the Xbox ??

I want to use the reset button to eject (nromally done by the big button on the Xbox) and the Power button to start XBMC smile.gif

#30 Dano2k0

Dano2k0

The Cooling King

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 14 November 2007 - 11:47 PM

QUOTE(seninha @ Nov 14 2007, 12:05 PM) View Post

I think it looks great. Much better then the Xbox case itself smile.gif

As I use my Xbox only to watch movies and play music idea is to put all the hardware inside a HTPC case.
There is only one thing that I just can figure out.

How did you connect the Power and Reset button of your case to the Xbox ??

I want to use the reset button to eject (nromally done by the big button on the Xbox) and the Power button to start XBMC smile.gif

Very simple, both the xbox and HTPC cases use momentary push button switches, just either wire directly to the motherboard using the correct pin out, a quick search will reveal this. Or just bridge in place or ontop of the existing pins on the P/E board for the xbox.

If you use a multi-meter set it to the continuity test, and see when pushing the buttons in shows a direct bridge on the selected pins, wiring these to the buttons on the case is of course straight forward as there are only two wires, and once the button is pressed and the 'bridge' is created, the buttons on the case will do exactlly the same so wire accordingly.

Sorry if ive not made the best of sense, ive tried my best but had a few drinks this evening.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users