• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Nubifier

Nubifier

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 07:21 AM

I tried to use the search function, but I couldn't find anything like this.

I want to connect my Xbox to the internet through my computer. My computer is running on a USB antenna connecting wirelessly to my D-Link router, then my Xbox has a cable running to my on-board Network card.

I have looked a few other places but I haven't had any successful tries and I was hoping this community could help.

The hardware I have is this:
D-Link Wireless Router
Planet 803.11g Wireless USB Adapter
Crossover Cable
On-board LAN
Xbox

If anyone could help me out it would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advanced to anyone who can help me,
Nubi

#2 gg22mm

gg22mm

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 21 January 2007 - 10:00 AM

I've tried what you are intending to do, just to get really frustrated. The problem is that you cannot get your computer to act as a wireless bridge. You could if you got the apropriate software on it, but I did a ton of research a couple of years back, and could not find any that would work. I even tried bridging connections like this tut shows HERE but never got it to work. If you scroll down on that page you'll see that someone got a PS2 working this way, but it did not work for me. I ended up getting a D-Link DWL-810+ wireless network bridge. It is like like your USB wireless adapter, but you plug your Xbox to it and it wirelessly connects to your router. It takes some setting up but its not that hard to configure.

Good luck with that, and let me know if it works for you!

#3 Nubifier

Nubifier

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 04:27 PM

Wow... THANKS, thats exactly the fix I needed.

I combined that tutorial with this one: http://www.anetforum...readIndex=28863 and got it working

Thank you so much

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users