Rustmonkey

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 January 2007 - 06:33 PM

Hey all, I just installed a new mobo with 128 of ram - will this affect the MS dash? Everything else boots fine, but everytime I go to the MS dash to try to change video settings, I get an error 21 within a few seconds - I've reinstalled the dash using Slayers and even FTP'd a backup from my 1.3 box over to the hdd, but still having the same problem...

Any ideas???

Edited by Rustmonkey, 21 January 2007 - 06:34 PM.

#2 RDC

RDC

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,785 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 21 January 2007 - 07:12 PM

Mine doesn't error anywhere in the M$ dash, I don't mess around in there much but just did and it was fine. I have a v1.0 that I did the upgrade on. What bios are you running? Does it error changing any other settings or any other specific time?

Edited by RDC, 21 January 2007 - 07:12 PM.

#3 Rustmonkey

Rustmonkey

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 06:28 AM

hmmm... actually, its starting to error in weird places now... i'll try another hdd and see what happens...

#4 Rustmonkey

Rustmonkey

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 06:43 PM

Well, I noticed that it was artifacting in places as well - the board has aftermarket heatsinks on both the processor and GPU - tightened those down to make better contact - lost the artifacts but still had the crashing problem - tore out all the metal shielding on the bottom of the case, and whala! Works great now - the heatsinks have screws holding them on and were causing something to ground... anyways - problem solved.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users