• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 disrockerdude

disrockerdude

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Interests:xbox modding, pc modding, mac modding, anything really.
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 21 January 2007 - 06:55 PM

this is my setup. i have two wireless routers connected wirelessly. ones a dlink at lets say room a and a wrt54g at room b. i have a custom built computer running windows home edition connected to the dlink router in one room. then my xbox and my 360 connected to the wrt54g router. my problem is that im looking for a way to wirelessly stream the music from the computer to the xbox. i could access the dlink setup thingy when connected to the wrt54g but i cant connect to the wrt54g setup when connected to the dlink.

basically...
Room A
Internet > Dlink 524 > Wired Computer + laptop connected wirelessly

Room B
Dlink --> WRT54G (CONNECTED WIRELESSLY) > xbox
> 360

i was wondering if it was possible to connect the xbox and the 360 to the wired computer wirelessly this way.. thanks..

#2 throwingks

throwingks

X-S Freak

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,957 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 22 January 2007 - 01:48 PM

Get rid of a router. They are competing. You only need 1.

I think the Dlink would be the easiest to get rid of. Whichever router you like more put where the Linksys it. Put the other one on eBay.

The other problem you run into is your Desktop. Either get a longer cord, or buy a USB receiver. Then all is well. smile.gif

#3 Pweeesey

Pweeesey

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 03:41 PM

Get rid of a router. They are competing. You only need 1.

I think the Dlink would be the easiest to get rid of. Whichever router you like more put where the Linksys it. Put the other one on eBay.

The other problem you run into is your Desktop. Either get a longer cord, or buy a USB receiver. Then all is well.

then the original xbox wont work and only the 360 will, this is what I did, i got a wireless video game adapter (linksys), and ran it through a network switch to the two consoles, that should work right for ya

hope that helps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users