X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 142 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 21 January 2007 - 07:43 PM

Hello,

I bought my Xbox on the used market about three weeks ago, and it was already softmodded. I am having fun learning what the Xbox is truly capable of. I am ready to upgrade to krayzie's latest softmod, but I have seen that I need to know what kind of softmod I have first. I don't know where to find this information. I have learned that I have an Xbox 1.0 and that I have 4034 retail BIOS and when i boot my Xbox with the tray open I boot to UnleashX 0.371218A (where the liveupdate doesn't work, but that's a quesiton for another time). Anyway, this seems to be all I could figure out.

Anyway, little help? Thanks.

Oh, P. S. I did do a search but couldn't find anything, so please don't be too harsh on me if it is already here. I would be grateful for such a link to a relevant post.

#2 jimbobjim

jimbobjim

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts
  • Interests:Sniffing farts under the covers.
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 21 January 2007 - 07:51 PM

You could try CASH V1.1, it's a disc that will erase your current softmod and let you replace it with krayzies latest and greatest.

#3 xflbret

xflbret

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 142 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 10:02 PM

that's what inspired this post...I downloaded cash 1.1, and it looks good, but there seem to be several situation-specific scripts on the disc which reqire me to know what soft mod I have. So, I'm still left with my original question

#4 cerealkillajme

cerealkillajme

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,241 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 22 January 2007 - 02:58 PM

If your not sure then definitely backup the eeprom and put a copy on your PC in case anything goes wrong. If you have Krayzies Ndure v1.0-v1.1.1 installed then you will get a recovery dash if you try to wipe it, if you have SID's Knave 4.0-4.5 then you will get "Error 22". All other softmods can be wiped fine (with the exception of Ndure via XBOXHDM). So having the eeprom is the best bet. If you have Krayzies already and do boot to the recovery dash after using CASH that can be fixed still using CASH, "Error 22" or an errored box from Ndure via XBOXHDM will have to be fixed using the eeprom and XBOXHDM (Error 22 can be fixed via AID also).

One good way to find out is try asking the guy you bought it from, I'm sure they wouldn't mind telling you what softmod it is running. I'm also guessing since you bought it softmodded you don't have the exploit tools (a memcard, AR, or USB device and one of the 3 exploitable games), those are very handy to have, but not 100% needed if you have the eeprom (since you can rebuild with XBOXHDM, but that's not always fun).

I would say if you feel comfortable using XBOXHDM and feel you can rebuild the drive if anything goes wrong then feel free to use CASH, but if you don't feel comfortable doing that and the box is working I'd leave it be for now.

Hopefully in a future version of CASH i can design and implement a softmod detection tool that will detect the softmod used, would be extremely helpful in situtations like this.

#5 xflbret

xflbret

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 142 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 02:48 PM

thanks for the reply.

i saw the bert and ernie files on my c drive so i went ahead and chose the other softmod option and got lucky. so, your cd worked great for me. thank you so much for your work on that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users