9 replies to this topic

#1 mulpen

mulpen

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 01:44 AM

Hello!
I am a XBMC-newbee, and i am running xbmc with mc360 skin.

I want to make a video menu, pretty simmular to many of the games menus.

I want this setup:

Media Blade -> Video -> Movies
--------------------------> Series
--------------------------> Browse
--------------------------> YouTube (script)
--------------------------> WebTV script

I do not know what xml files to edit, so i'm completly clueless..

#2 timdog82001

timdog82001

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 22 January 2007 - 03:03 AM

what do you mean by browse?

#3 timdog82001

timdog82001

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 03:30 AM

Okay, if I understand what you're saying, though I'm not exactly sure what you mean by browse, for the Movies and TV series things all you have to do is press the white button when in the video section and go to Add Source. There, you can add folders either locally on the xbox, or folders on a network, and you can name it whatever you want. Just do one of those for your tv series and one for your movies. For the scripts, you'll have to add a couple buttons on the left under where it says stack and view and sort by and all that stuff. This can be kind of tedious, because you'll need to do it for all the different view types...or maybe that's just a problem in the music xmls come to think of it. Anyway, you could probably figure it out yourself. Just look for the xml talking about the Stack button or whatever happens to be the bottom button in the view you're editing, and just copy and paste that right below it and then change the label to YouTube or whatever and change the action to <onclick>XBMC.RunScript(Q:/scripts/YouTube/YouTube.py)</onclick> or whereverwhatever your script is....You'll also have to change the ID number to something not already being used on the page, and change the onup number to match the ID of the button above it, and change the ondown button to match the id number of the button below it, or if its on the bottom, the id number of the button on top of the list. Also, you'll have to change the ondown of the button directly above the buttons you added, and change the onup button of the button below them lol. Oh, you'll also have to change the Y coordinates to be lower. you can try to figure this out by seeing how far apart the buttons above it are from eachother, and then do the same. So, i guess its more complicated than i was thinking...But, if you take the time to look it over, you should be able to figure it out, thats how I figured stuff out.

I just checked, and there are like 6 xml files you'll have to edit...They're named MyVideo.xml, MyVideoActors.xml, MyVideoGenre.xml, and so on, and they're found in the PAL folder. If you have a widescreen tv, they're might be some additional files you need to edit in 16x9 folder, but i'm not sure.

OH, just ocurred to me. I think you'll have to use a different overlay or whatever, depending on how far down the screen you are. You could try looking at a button in another window that's the same distance down the screen and that should be the same one.

So, i'm pretty sure you're just as clueless now as when i started typing this. But oh well. I might suggest you wait until MC360 v1.0 comes out so that you don't have to do this twice. It should be out soon...

#4 mulpen

mulpen

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 01:12 PM

What I mean about browse is that you get the same screen that get when you press video on a unmodded skin.

And with the movies and series I can choose what movie to view without getting a new dialog or screen up, if you understand..

If you look at this pic, you might understand..

IPB Image

Where the Games menu is I want Videos, and then I get another menu with options like movies, series, web-tv, youtube, etc.. And when I choose movies or series I get another menu simmular to the menu where you choose where you choose waht game to play..

I hope you understand now..

#5 Zelgadis

Zelgadis

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts
  • Interests:XBMC + Networking
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 06 March 2007 - 11:25 PM

about the picture above, did you mod it for the submenu?
'cos i am runing the lastest mc360 from blackbolt and i dont have that option.
is it hidden or did they remove it?

#6 timdog82001

timdog82001

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 02:39 AM

it was a mod for the old mc360, its not a stock part of the skin.

#7 Trigger911

Trigger911

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 07:28 AM

QUOTE(mulpen @ Jan 22 2007, 07:19 AM) View Post

What I mean about browse is that you get the same screen that get when you press video on a unmodded skin.

And with the movies and series I can choose what movie to view without getting a new dialog or screen up, if you understand..

If you look at this pic, you might understand..

IPB Image

Where the Games menu is I want Videos, and then I get another menu with options like movies, series, web-tv, youtube, etc.. And when I choose movies or series I get another menu simmular to the menu where you choose where you choose waht game to play..

I hope you understand now..

wow thats pretty badass i wish they would add somthing like that to the orginal looks pretty neat like have it use the most loaded games emus ect,,,,, love.gif love.gif love.gif love.gif love.gif love.gif love.gif love.gif love.gif

#8 Dbizz2005

Dbizz2005

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 04:18 AM

I would Love to have a mod do this!

- Does anyone have the mod like the pic above that works for vers 1.4/1.05?

-and does anyone have or could show tips how to make it the side menu work with the media tab also.

Edited by Dbizz2005, 15 June 2007 - 04:18 AM.

#9 timdog82001

timdog82001

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 05:52 PM

I have this mostly figured out, except there's one bug that's kept me from releasing it and i haven't had time to work on it in like a month because of school. School ends in like a week, so maybe i'll be able to release it soon. When I do release it, it will just be part of my monster mod (see sig)

#10 Dbizz2005

Dbizz2005

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 04:12 AM

I can't wait! that would be great to have. And I already use your supermod, so that would work out good smile.gif

Edited by Dbizz2005, 20 June 2007 - 04:13 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users