2 replies to this topic

#1 RMM

RMM

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 07:38 PM

I'm just curious as to why Xlink Kia uses "system link" and not "Live"? Couldn't a modded xbox send the "live" traffic to a specific server address or is that something that is prohibited by coding in the game or the Xbox itself that wouldnt allow that to happen?

or is it more of the coders not know how "live" actually works which would make it near impossible for them to work on?

Edited by RMM, 23 January 2007 - 07:40 PM.

#2 c-2

c-2

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 23 January 2007 - 10:20 PM

Xlink Kia -- > kia.com ?? cars use system link?

ha ..

Live is microsofts baby and i don't think they would take to kindly to hacking up their games and redirecting their servers .. maybe theirs a way to 'catch' all that info before it gets from the xbox to the net but even still since i know the system link traffic is encrypted i can only imagine the Live traffic is as well .. this would be a large undertaking as you would also need to write the server side code ..

Edited by c-2, 23 January 2007 - 10:22 PM.

#3 MeanMF

MeanMF

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 139 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 23 January 2007 - 11:06 PM

Not only is it encrypted, but in many cases it's game-specific. When you connect to "Live" in many cases it's just a gateway to dedicated servers that handle matchmaking and other things for the games...So just reverse-engineering the encryption and authentication isn't enough.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users