• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 kamuzai

kamuzai

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 09:48 PM

i need help fixing my broken xbox with a retail xbox. how do i do that? the broken xbox can play games but doesnt go to ms dashboard. please help thankyou!

#2 neilOS

neilOS

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 25 January 2007 - 09:27 PM

A softmod should sort it out.

Softmod the new xbox to get a stock HDD backup which you can FTP over to your PC,

Softmod the old console and use the backup on your PCto rebuild the hard drive.

Of course, if you don't know what any of that means, your in the best place to learn.

PM me if you need to.

#3 kamuzai

kamuzai

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 02:23 PM

i understand but my old xbox i cant soft mod because i deleted everything =[ but if there was a way for you to go through it with me like a 1on1 that would be great =] thankyou

#4 alexh

alexh

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 28 January 2007 - 05:12 PM

If you can boot games then you may be able to load the Krayzie softmod "save game" installer which will give you FTP access. It depends if the save game is still on the hard drive E: partition.

If the save game is gone but you can boot backup games (DVD-R) then you can boot using Slayers (or another boot disc) and reinstall the hard drive. You will have to re-softmod later.

If all you can do is boot original games, and you saved your hard drive key (EEPROM key) then you can use xboxhdm together with the files on the Slayer disc to make a bootable linux installation for your PC which will unlock, rebuild your XBOX hard drive and re-lock.

If you dont have the key then there is no easy way to rebuild the hard drive. You will either have to hot-swap or get a hard modchip.

Edited by alexh, 28 January 2007 - 05:23 PM.

#5 kamuzai

kamuzai

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 06:10 AM

to use this slayers thing how does that work? do i burn it on a dvd disc? or cd disc? and put it in my xbox and run it? and i dont know which to download or what to download for the slayers backup thing... i do not have the epromm or w/e. but is there files for a new hdd that i can burn so when i hot swap it i can put the cd in and it will make a new one? please give the links on where to download them thankyou!!

#6 alexh

alexh

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 29 January 2007 - 10:09 AM

QUOTE(kamuzai @ Jan 29 2007, 07:17 AM) View Post

to use this slayers thing how does that work? do i burn it on a dvd disc? or cd disc?

Either, it is small enough to fit on a CD but your xbox may not read CD-R discs. If you are unsure, use a DVD-R.
and put it in my xbox and run it?

Yes. You will need some intelligence when it comes to what option to choose on the Slayers menu, but its not rocket science.

and i dont know which to download or what to download for the slayers backup thing...

The link I gave above has a link to a bittorrent version of the Slayers disc. When downloaded, unrar/zip and then burn to a DVD-R.

i do not have the epromm

Well you're stoopid then arnt you? Whenever you softmod they tell you OVER and OVER to back up your key! FTP it off your box to your PC for just this sort of emergency!

but is there files for a new hdd that i can burn so when i hot swap it i can put the cd in and it will make a new one? please give the links on where to download them thankyou!!

Did you even READ my post I DID give you links on how to to do this. You need to download the slayers disc, and download XBOXHDM and Ndure installer and follow the instructions on the link above.

To be honest I dont think you will be able to fix your box as you do not appear to be technically minded

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users