5 replies to this topic

#1 swebb99

swebb99

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 11:59 AM

Hi,

I discovered the wonders of multiplayer gaming using xlink and halo 2 recently but I just can't seem to get any higher than half way up the ranks in the score tables. I never look like winning, some of the players are soooo good.

What I really don't understand is that even if say the rules are normal shotguns and machine guns I can shoot another player in the head loads of times and then they hit me with one shot and I'm out dead sad.gif Then in snipper mod some players just seem so accurate and so quick I find I have to line a shot up, they just seem to turn and bang im dead, even from a long distance. Is there some special Halo controller ? I must be missing out on some key presses also because I just can't seem to get the jumps right because I only seem to get about half height of some players ????

One last thing, the sword how the hell do I use it properly. I wait for the symbol to go red and slash the sword, sometimes I kill them but mostly they seem to get me first. And a lot of players seem to be able to jump over me and kill me with the sword in mid air I haven't a clue how you do that I've tried and never been able to do it sad.gif sad.gif

Any advice ?

Thanks

Steve

#2 swebb99

swebb99

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 12:32 PM

Oh I also forgot to ask if there are any alternatives to using xlink (not xbox line) for playing halo 2 online ?

#3 commandersafi

commandersafi

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,581 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 26 January 2007 - 12:56 PM

For alternate way of playing online you can use xbox connect (XBC)

The reason they are so good, is probably because they have halo 2 mods (dont ask about them, its against the rules wink.gif)

#4 greenday54261

greenday54261

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 844 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 28 January 2007 - 05:37 AM

Could be mods, could be skill. I would hazard a guess you haven't been playing all that long; you get better over time. Until then you'll get raped up the ass.

Nice thing about XBL is that it TRIES to put you with similary-skilled players in a match to give the newbies something resembling a chance. You have no system like this on XBC or Xlink.

Keep playing. You'll get better.

#5 lilitaly

lilitaly

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 06:16 AM

yo dude u can use xbconnect and its free!!! and awesome there are clans and stuff!!! well anyway to go to the site and download it just go to www.xbconnect.com

#6 albert_1097

albert_1097

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 01:13 PM

Thanks! for the information about xbox connect (XBC)

Albert1097

http://theblogs.net/...elfimprovement/
http://clearblogs.co...provementguide/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users