No replies to this topic

#1 VegaLA

VegaLA

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 11:53 PM

I have a storage box that consists of four HDDs. I have my various media spread across the drives, photos, for example is on one drive and it contains a list of folders broken down by month named like so:

200608August
200609Sep

etc..etc.. so everything is displayed by name in the correct order. Music folder

contains each album in alpha, this is displayed neatly by thumbnail and looks great too.

video, however is a different story.
I have broken video down into various folders on the root of the drives, shared out individually. I have:

Horror
classics
Movies
MusicVids
Television

and some of these categories are broken down further, for example Horror contains these sub folders:

Hammer
Fulci
Argento
Asian etc...etc.. and each folder has a pic assigned to them.

Getting XBMC to display everythign just the way I want it is proving difficult. If I go in one 'view' for Video then it displays all my shared folders, meaning 'Pictures' and 'ISO' are in the list. Also I have not found a way of making whatever folder's preferred view the default view. For pictures and Music they always display the way I want but going into Video option is a hit and miss afair.
I used to use the Project Mayhem II skin but ditched that in favour of the new MC360 skin which looks great, but I would love to have more control on how various media sections are displayed.

So is it possible for me to go from Video >> to a display of each seperate video type, IE the list above:- Horror, Classics, Movies, MusicVids,Television, in thumbnail view for each section ( displaying whatever pics I assign to each folder) and then from there selecting which type of movie section I want to advance to ?

So how do you guys organize your media ?

Edited by VegaLA, 26 January 2007 - 11:58 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users