• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 LedZeplin

LedZeplin

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 May 2003 - 02:39 PM

A friend of mine came up with fool proof idea for keeping anybody from accidently going live with a modded x-box. he Configured the modded Xbox to use a static ip address and to use DHCP for it when it's unmodded. He then set up his firewall not to allow the static IP to have any internet access. That's ok, but I want to try to make it better. I want the modded to have internet access to anywhere except for Xbox live.

So, has anyone found out what servers/ports xbl uses to connect to? I'd look myself but I'm using a switch/router so I can't sniff the packets, I'd have to arrange my setup with a hub or the like.

Thanks for listening.

#2 phil money

phil money

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 24 May 2003 - 03:23 PM

i would tell you, but i can't remember the port numbers, but you can find out from the xbox.com support chat, thats where i found out at

#3 L!M!T

L!M!T

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 24 May 2003 - 03:26 PM

If I recall correctly, the ports used are

UDP 88
UDP 3074
TCP 3074

Regards,
L!M!T

#4 phil money

phil money

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 24 May 2003 - 03:27 PM

hey, i looked on their site and it in the troubleshooting section it says the ports are UDP 88, UDP 3074, and TCP 3074

#5 samplesam

samplesam

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 May 2003 - 10:52 PM

I'm just a stupid noob w/ coding exp, but couldnt some of you more gifted people just right a software or enable it into the bios that loads when a mod chip is switch that disables these ports?

sample

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users