PS3Scene

X-S Freak

• Admin
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 05:56 AM

Giz Hands-On: Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote
Posted by XanTium | 26-1-2007 23:56 EST

From gizmodo.com:

Sony's Bluetooth PS3 remote came in the mail and we just put it through its paces. It's in the wild, but having it in my hands, I'm surprised at how useful it is compared to the wireless SIXAXIS controller during movie watching. IMO, it's worth buying. Here are my notes:
* What makes it useful are the dedicated buttons for playback, slow motion, scanning, and track control; there are also dedicated controls for changing angle, audio tracks, subtitles, and pulling up in movie menus.
* Forget about using a universal remote with the PS3. It doesn't have an IR port. This is your only choice.

Full Story: gizmodo.com

#2 epsilon72

epsilon72

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,213 posts
  • Interests:updating my interests section of my profile
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 27 January 2007 - 07:04 AM

I think I'll stick with the suxaxis for bd playback for the moment and spend that $30-$40 on something else.

#3 Serious Sam

Serious Sam

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 370 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 27 January 2007 - 01:32 PM

I think its lame that they didnt include a IR port. I for one have an expensive Multi-remote that controls all of my components (TV, DVD, Surround, 360, DVR, etc). So now instead of having one remote that does it all I'm back to having two remotes.

LAME! mad.gif

#4 Thraxen

Thraxen

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 27 January 2007 - 06:42 PM

I bought this remote 2 or 3 weeks ago and I like it. It only retails for $25 USD, which isn't too bad... it makes it one of the cheapest accessories for any of the systems this generation. I do agree that the PS3 should have had an IR port since not doing so rules out using universal remotes. But that's crying over spilled milk at this point and this remote is the next best option.

#5 XBLamer

XBLamer

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 08:25 PM

QUOTE(Thraxen @ Jan 27 2007, 06:49 PM) View Post

I do agree that the PS3 should have had an IR port

I wonder if an IR adapter like the XBOX one will come out or we could write one to recognize xbox adapter in linux and play DVD's that way. This would be a prefered solution instead of yet another remote.

#6 yakkosmurf

yakkosmurf

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 04:21 AM

QUOTE(epsilon72 @ Jan 27 2007, 12:11 AM) View Post

I think I'll stick with the suxaxis for bd playback for the moment and spend that $30-$40 on something else.

It's the best $25 accessory out there in my opinion. It would be nice if the remote had IR capability too in order to work the volume on my TV and surround sound unit, but for $25, I can't complain too much.

#7 AlienMear

AlienMear

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 04:24 PM

Heh. I just found the hard way, that my Blue Tooth earpiece and cell phone both attempted to register with the PS3...*must* remember to turn off affiliation with those devices to keep from getting pwnd on Black..
blink.gif
Alien

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users