Stevezasycho

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:none

Posted 27 January 2007 - 08:41 AM

Just got inot the XBox world a coupole weeks ago, and have finally gotten around to getting the XBMC installed and operating fully.. I don't intend to let it sit for too long as is though..

..I wanted this for a cheap and easy networked media center.. I want to pull my iTunes songs, share music, movies, pictures, etc. across my network.. As such, I am having it be a part of my Home Theatre setup..

I am going to put it into it's own case designed to blend in with the rest of my HT setup.. I already have a component cable w/ the Optical Out (HUGE for when I pull my iTunes list off my PC; I want DTS!!)

A very quick question I have after trying a search of the forums is regarding the DVD drive in these things.. I KNOW they are very finicky about what you use, but I would like to know if a slot loading DVD drive is possible in any way.. I know I have the crappiest rendition of the Xbox DVD drive, so I know I want to change it.. And a slot loading unit would just help me achieve the overall effect I am going for..

As far as the system itself sits, it is running like a champ, booting to XBMC, and is on the Stars screen saver.. Just waiting for me to use it to its full potential..

So my questions I have thus far:

Slot loading DVD- Is this a possibility?
TiVo like TV recording- Is this possible?

THanks guys, and I like the place already! biggrin.gif

#2 bettyjunior

bettyjunior

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • Interests:Music, Bass guitar
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 27 January 2007 - 12:06 PM

Hi mate,

What do you mean by slot loading? Sorry, i just haven't heard of this before. You can replace your DVD drive with a pc DVD reader, but that will mean you can't play xbox games with it. I think there may be one brand of pc Drive that you can install and flash new firmware to to enable it to read xbox discs.

As for the TiVo thing, I don't think so. Check www.xboxmediacenter.com, or the xbmc forum here as to it's skills with tv and video. I have a feeling that xbmc can sync up with your computer and tell your pc to record something. I may be grievously wrong on this though. I use my xbox with xbmc in my car, and there's no real chance of tv there, so I'm not much of an authority.

If i'm wrong, no doubt someone will come in and put you and me straight

#3 classicsat

classicsat

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 497 posts
  • Interests:Technical stuff, not much of a gamer, and if that, more non-combative simulations thant anything.
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 27 January 2007 - 11:07 PM

A slot loader has no tray, you set the disc in the slot and it sucks it in.

Most home A/V, gaming consoles, and computer drives have. Most car stereos, some Macs, and the Wii use a slot loader.

#4 Stevezasycho

Stevezasycho

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 28 January 2007 - 06:30 AM

Yep.. THat's a slot loader in a nutshell.. I would like to be able to use it.. But its not important..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users