Poopchute

PIRATE KIDDIE

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 361 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 28 January 2007 - 09:25 AM

Not sure if this is in the correct forum but here goes anyway. I want to know if I can buy the Nyko HDMI cable that you can get for the PS3 and just use it as a regular HDTV HDMI cable? It says its a" Universal" cord for HD devices. I got it at Worst Buy (Best Buy) for $59.99 and its 9 ft. Best Buy has other regular HDTV HDMI cables that start at about $99.00 for 4 ft. and go up to atleast $139.00 for 6 ft. There may be more longer and more expensive ones but I stopped looking there. What type of quality will I get with this cable? It says it supports up to 1080p. Or should I stop being cheap and buy the $139.00 cable at 6ft. for my TV?

Edited by Poopchute, 28 January 2007 - 09:25 AM.

#2 postal worker

postal worker

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 484 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 28 January 2007 - 09:58 AM

i think any cable will do okay, if i can find the thread where a guy explained why a "high quality" hdmi cable is no different from any other hdmi i will post a link...u can get a deal amazon 6.5ft $20.00

http://www.amazon.co...8514997-2188723

#3 ludacrisvp

ludacrisvp

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 29 January 2007 - 02:42 AM

By far the best place for cables is Monoprice
scroll down to the bottom of the page and you shall find a 10ft cable for $7.10, 6ft for $5.84, scroll up a little higher to find 25ft for only $19.40.
Basically the stores make a high margin on the cables they sell, so buy a cable for the cost of the cable not the cost of the name.
I have purchased from monoprice several times and everything is higher quality than in most stores and works 100%.
Once you shop for cables there once you will never buy another one in a store again.
HDMI-DVI adapter at radioshack is $29.99, at monoprice it is $4.97
They are amazing and if you don't believe me check out the AVS Forums? where video and audio experts give them high praise.

#4 Poopchute

Poopchute

PIRATE KIDDIE

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 06:55 AM

Well I dont know about that monoprice place. I bought a 6 ft HDMI cable a couple of months back for 10.00 or something and it was definatly inferior quality. In fact my componant cables that came with my Dish HD reciever were noticibly better. I got alot of digital pixilation and digital fuzz with the monoprice cable. It was so bad that I had it hooked up one day and my old man came over and asked what was wrong with my HDTV. If thats what HDMI cables do for you then they can keep em. So far Componant is better for me.

#5 ludacrisvp

ludacrisvp

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 29 January 2007 - 07:33 PM

Well thats strange, I haven't had any errors at all with my 50ft DVI cable from them, nor in my 50ft VGA cable. They both work flawlessly. Now if I could just get my cable box and PS3 to realize I do have a HDCP compatible display then everything would be wonderful. They both used to work then one day they both stopped.

#6 Poopchute

Poopchute

PIRATE KIDDIE

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 02:50 PM

Since getting this New Nyko cable I have experienced some audio dropout and an occasional video dropout. I guess if it keeps up within the next few days I will have to take it back and get a new replacement. OH well. Other than that, this cable is Much better than my componant cables and MUCH, Much better than the monoprice HDMI I had. Except for the dropouts ofcourse.

#7 The_Hushed_Casket

The_Hushed_Casket

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 910 posts
  • Interests:Xbox Modding, Computer Engineering.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 08 February 2007 - 03:54 PM

Buy any old HDMI cable. If you spend upwards of $30 on it, you are being shafted. The quality of analog (component, composite, etc.) cables is affected by the materials. However, HDMI cables carry a digital signal - the quality of the cable makes no difference whatsoever. If you'd like, I have an article from an electrical engineer somewhere discussing how all HDMI cables are the same.

I'm using an HDMI cable that came with my Samsung DVD player, the quality is the same as any other cable. I've never had any video dropouts.

Edited by The_Hushed_Casket, 08 February 2007 - 03:55 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users