smokeingit

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 24 May 2003 - 06:48 PM

I got an xbox to install a X2 pro in and sell. well there are issue's galor. first off i install the mod chip following the stupid colors ( i have installed 50 pro's btw)
and it just frags when i enable the damn chip. THEN i said screw it and i was just gonna flash the TSOP on it. and then the newest version of raincoat.conf does not see the chip... from what i know the new motherboards came with Winbond W49F020, well i looked at this bitch... and it didnt. it comes with ST29F002BT70N1 so is this MS answer to mod chips? or did i just hit a fucking wall and need to add the flash info on the conf file?

Edit: i forgot to mention that i tried to do a search. but being that the search can not be less then 4 letters, i can not make a very good search.

Edited by smokeingit, 24 May 2003 - 06:51 PM.

#2 Morglum

Morglum

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,270 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 29 May 2003 - 12:59 AM

Theres something about new RC4 Keys comming out in xbox, like the 1.2, maybe you have one of those and thats why its not working. Check out the main X-S page and you'll find this about halfway down...

New Xbox version?
>> We received this news from Team Xecuter (http://teamxecuter.com/):

It seems there is a new Xbox RC4 key

Is packaged same as the SE Green but is standard black case with JAP S type controller

Just released in Europe - machine frags with current bios's / mods

Motherboard looks identical to v1.2

As soon as Xecuter get their hands on it you can expect to see an "X3" bios for that version of console shortly after.

We will of course confirm the RC4 (or possible other) change as soon as we see the board ourselves but is confirmed from three reliable sources now.

If anyone has additional info about this possible new xbox version, please contact us!
Posted by:: XanTium
May 28 17:27 (GMT+1)

EDIT: Typos blink.gif

Edited by Morglum, 29 May 2003 - 12:59 AM.

#3 BenJeremy

BenJeremy

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,690 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 29 May 2003 - 01:02 AM

By the accepted definition, this would be a "1.3" version Xbox.

#4 nautiazn85

nautiazn85

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 29 May 2003 - 01:17 AM

QUOTE (smokeingit @ May 24 2003, 07:48 PM)
I got an xbox to install a X2 pro in and sell. well there are issue's galor. first off i install the mod chip following the stupid colors ( i have installed 50 pro's btw)
and it just frags when i enable the damn chip. THEN i said screw it and i was just gonna flash the TSOP on it. and then the newest version of raincoat.conf does not see the chip... from what i know the new motherboards came with Winbond W49F020, well i looked at this bitch... and it didnt. it comes with ST29F002BT70N1 so is this MS answer to mod chips? or did i just hit a fucking wall and need to add the flash info on the conf file?

Edit: i forgot to mention that i tried to do a search. but being that the search can not be less then 4 letters, i can not make a very good search.

The board layout of the "new" XBOX should be that of the v1.2 (according to sources). It may/may not have the winbound chip (I have yet to read whether it does or does not have the winbound chip), but check for the layout of certain capacitors and the location of the D0 and A15. That should give it away.

Also try another LPC chip (maybe a cheapmod?), it could possibly be a bad chip. And well... you know the routine... checking for shorts and such.

#5 ozxchip

ozxchip

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 29 May 2003 - 01:28 AM

Hi guys, just thought I'd let you know that one of our customers in the Netherlands has had several of these new boards. He is a experianced installer and has been pulling his hair out trying to figure out what is going on.

He has been experiancing FRAGS when attempting to install the OzXChip (cheapmod) into these supposed Version 1.2 motherboards so the rumour of the RC4 key would explain the problem.

I will see if I can get some scans or more info about the motherboard from him, unfortunately we are on the other side of the planet!

Have a nice day! biggrin.gif

#6 smokeingit

smokeingit

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 29 May 2003 - 01:50 AM

QUOTE (nautiazn85 @ May 28 2003, 07:17 PM)

The board layout of the "new" XBOX should be that of the v1.2 (according to sources). It may/may not have the winbound chip (I have yet to read whether it does or does not have the winbound chip), but check for the layout of certain capacitors and the location of the D0 and A15. That should give it away.

Also try another LPC chip (maybe a cheapmod?), it could possibly be a bad chip. And well... you know the routine... checking for shorts and such.

come on nautiazn85, im no n00b. i have had this board for a month and tried everything under the sun. from cheap mod to linux. EVERYTHING

#7 kuntphish

kuntphish

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 29 May 2003 - 01:54 AM

I have seen two of these new boards, one from Europe that I had imported and one in the Us already. I have installed many chips and the boarrd looks exactly like a 1.2 board. I have tried using X1,X2 matrix and even the old enigmah chips to get this too work. Well no luck. It has got to be a new RC4 key, thats the only explaniation.

#8 nautiazn85

nautiazn85

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 29 May 2003 - 05:14 AM

QUOTE (smokeingit @ May 29 2003, 02:50 AM)
QUOTE (nautiazn85 @ May 28 2003, 07:17 PM)

come on nautiazn85, im no n00b. i have had this board for a month and tried everything under the sun. from cheap mod to linux. EVERYTHING

Ouch sad.gif . Yah from what I've read and seen, you truly are the antithesis of a "n00b."

I just thought I'd throw in some helpful advice if you hadn't tried them yet (but obviously you have, and have for some time now sad.gif).

Do you think you could upload some pictures so that we can take a look at the board? It would be nice to see exactly how this "new board" looks like, especially to see if there are any minor changes from the v1.2.

#9 smokeingit

smokeingit

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 29 May 2003 - 05:40 AM

pics on this thread
i made 2 posts prior to X putting it on the front page... one of them was last week... emailed him and all. then someone says it on xecutor site and it becomes news... i got one of your customers nautiazn85, some guy name jake called me. i think he was yours... he saw my thread.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users