No replies to this topic

#1 sunn

sunn

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 12:51 PM

so I can connect to two other computers on my network, except for mine (the third) which happens to be right next to the xbox, its really frustrating. all the computers are running Windows xp Home. I dont know what to do, I know my way around a network but this is rediculous. XBMC will see my workgroup and see all the computers on in, including mine, but it will only look in the other two, i can stream from them and everything. when I go to mine and press A it doesnt even try to connect. I dont have and upnp stuff on any of the comps im just going into My videos on xbmc and going to workgroup (SMB) and there is nothing fancy about the other two comps.

on my computer I have 3 network connections 1stLAN (connected to the router), 2ndLAN, and a firewire connection. I disable the firewire and the LAN connection I wasnt using. I added the xbox IP to my shared files and printer settings in the firewall setting which I also disabled later. I can FTP to my xbox from this computer just fine and the internet works as you can see by this message. I dont really want to use upnp cause M$ doesnt have Dloads for "Media connect" anymore and I hate WMP. I also reset every computers IP by using the fuctions on the router (linksys). its also confusing due to the fact that one of the computers it DOES connect to is wireless and the only thing I could think is that xbox didnt like that Its network cord was at the opposite side of the router as Mine, but with the one wireless computer, that doesnt make sence either.

also if I enable the 2nd LAN on my comp and x-over cable to the xbox I still cant get shared stuff off my computer, though I can ftp just fine. I tried switching LAN connections on my comp to no avail.

iv taken, though never finished a cisco networking class so I like to thing that I should know what Im doing.

anything to help me would be greatly appreciated

thanks

sunn

Edited by sunn, 29 January 2007 - 12:56 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users