X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,034 posts
  • Interests:Techno gadgets and espresso coffee
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 29 January 2007 - 05:20 PM

Many questions here from people not knowing if their burn happenned as they wanted. Layerbreak, booktype, burn of the image; How to verify after a burn that it worked?

The first thing is to get the right tool. Many ways to do this, but I will keep it simple by doing it all with the same tool I recommend for burning, the great Imgburn (tutorial) . I will assume you used that tutorial for burning and used the .ISO or .000 file for burning (not the .DVD).

Many of us have the opinion that as long as it works they do not want to upgrade their firmware (a nice way for me to hide the fact that I am too lazy smile.gif to do so), so they still need booktype to DVD-ROM, if that is not your case just disregard the info on that subject.

IPB Image

Here we go, first step is to verify that the layerbreak, Booktype and image size are good.
-Open Imgburn, place the your burn in the DVD, Choose the Verify mode (1).
-Be sure you select the right drive (2),
-on the 7th line (in the right pane) it will give you the size on disc which should be
"Size: 7,572,881,408 bytes" (or 7,433,027,584 for xbox 1)
-Now scroll the window all the way down (3)
-You can now verify that the booktype is DVD-ROM (4), if unchanged it will say DVD+R DL.
-you can check that the layerbreak (5) is 1913760 (or 1913776 for xbox 1 games)

Now if you want a 1:1 verification of what is on your disc, you do as follows:
-Open (6) your image .iso (or .000) and start the verify (7) process (takes 16 minutes for me), and you then get a sucess message if they compared OK.

IPB Image

The success of the verify only means that the image on the DVD is as per the image file. One must be careful not to draw the wrong conclusions from this:
-It does not mean that the content of the image is good (ss or game partition may be wrong)
-It does not guarantee your X360 drive will read it. (e.g. if you still have an old firmware and your booktype is not set then you drive may not accept the image; if your x360 drive is not very sensitive and/or you use lower quality media then the disk may be readable to your pc but not to the x360).

I will not get in quality scans here as there is a lot of interpretation to be made.

hope it helps,

rgds, soso

Edited by sosotiit, 29 January 2007 - 09:19 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users