X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,034 posts
  • Interests:Techno gadgets and espresso coffee
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 12 January 2007 - 05:09 PM

The objective of the Backup Forum as per the front page of the forums.xbox-scene.com is
"Technical and General discussion about DVD DL burning, and iso creation and manipulation for the purpose of archival backup of material you own. Hard Moderated."

It is not about the the best place to find DVDs and such discussions would fall outside the scope of this forum. On the other hand, so many of the problems we see here are coming from people using DVDs that do not produce adequate results, and often these are as expensive as the higher grade DVDs.

It is well recognize that the Verbatim +R DL are today (jan 2007) the best media for your X360 backups.

With the only objective to support the backup effort of the members with information to access adequate media at a price that is equivalent (or sometimes better) than some of the lower quality media, we could post here any deals we might see on the Verbatim +R DL Media.

In the context of how this barely fit in the scope of this forum, we must accept some rules:

1) All X-S rules are in effect.
2) When you see a good deal on verbatim and that you are not the party selling, plse post it.
3) If you own the DVDs or work for a party selling the dvds, then you are not allowed to post in this topic. In that case please go the B/S/T forum and post there (read carefully and comply to the rules of that forum).
4) Do not ask "Hi, Where can I find ... I leave in..." without searching the thread first or your post will be removed.
5) Do not post about other brand, unless it is one of the rare case of Verbatim inside (MKM00x)

The posts in this thread are obviously For Your Information only and anyone choosing to conduct any sort of transaction with any of the parties mentionned does so at their own risk and expense.

Enjoy, get the good stuff, it is worthed cool.gif .

Note: There are sites like CDFreaks.com that are focused on CD/DVD/Burner and where you can find far more extensive information on DVD media and burner bargains (CD Freaks Bargain Basement).

WARNING: It was mentionned in another thread recently (and in some indutry sites including verbatim-outsources-double-layer-dvd-production-to-india ), it seems verbatim will start outsourcing part of his DVD +R DL production to MBI (Moser Baer India). You should start seeing these on the shelves end of Q1 or early Q2 2007. The current unconfirmed news are that they will continue to produce at their Singapore facilities as well. No word yet whether the production of the respective facilities will be assigned by region or not. It would be good to start looking at the label and search for a "Made in Singapore" wink.gif .

Rgds, soso

Edited by sosotiit, 17 February 2007 - 04:16 AM.

#2 jesterrace777

jesterrace777

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • 6,747 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 03 March 2007 - 07:24 AM

Unfortunately with newegg, the deals come and go very quickly, so you have to act fast. It's back up to regular price now. *EDIT* Whoops, spoke to soon they are now $36 shipped for the 20 pack.

Edited by jesterrace777, 03 March 2007 - 07:24 AM.

#3 appolospb

appolospb

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 04:24 PM

The cheapest places to buy media in the UK (In My Experience) are these suppliers :

http://www.bigpockets.co.uk/
http://www.svp.co.uk/

However the going rate (In the UK) for Verbatim is around 17 for a 10pack (Rip Off!) . I personally have been using RIDISC / Datawrite media as it works fine and is only 6 for a box of 10. Look at DVD media reviews on these sites and many customers say stuff like "Works great on xbox 360" for various brands of media. I am sure Verbatim are very good but at a ripoff price of 17 compared to 6 they arent getting my business, even if you coaster a few on a cheap brand its still more cost effective.

#4 DarrenR

DarrenR

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 315 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 06 March 2007 - 10:26 PM

Datawrite printables, I can't really be bothered messing about anymore. I should have gone for Verbs in the first place. Whos the nice guy in the US?

Thanks

#5 jesterrace777

jesterrace777

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • 6,747 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 08:13 AM

Take a wild guess. biggrin.gif BTW any problem if they are just the regular labeled Verbs and not the printable ones? Printable ones are significantly more expensive.

Anyways, For those of you folks in the US you can setup a new account with google checkout and get a 20 pack of the D/L Verbatim DVD+R discs for $31.80 shipped from http://www.shop4tech.com. Sign up at: https://www.google.c...p;ltmpl=default

Edited by jesterrace777, 07 March 2007 - 08:18 AM.

#6 jesterrace777

jesterrace777

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • 6,747 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 06:22 AM

Yes, it ships to the UK and pretty much anywhere else in Europe. Obviously you will be paying more than US prices but you will still be paying a bit less than SVP (which is currently the cheapest prices on DL that I can find in the UK/Europe). E-mail me or PM me for more details.

Anyways, for those of you who don't mind ordering in bulk I found a new deal for ya in the States:

10 packs of D/L Verbatim from http://www.officemax.com for $15+tax each

Order 4 packs or more and get free shipping (free shipping for orders of $50 or more at officemax.com)

Unfortunately you do have to pay state sales tax if you have an Officemax in your area but it essentially translates to the same deal as when the 20 packs go on sale at bestbuy for $30+tax each, and using this method you get it delivered directly to your door. 4 10 packs (or 40 discs) worked out to $63.56 shipped for me after tax or ($1.59 shipped per disc). No rebates or goofy one time coupons to get this deal. You just need to order 4 packs or more.

Edited by jesterrace777, 11 March 2007 - 06:23 AM.

#7 MODSTERINC

MODSTERINC

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 10:41 PM

officemax has 10 PACKS OF VERBS FOR 14.99 CHEAP

#8 jesterrace777

jesterrace777

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • 6,747 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 07:53 AM

Yup, posted that above. Unfortunately, the deal doesn't apply in Australia. Might I suggest checking out the bargain basement at CDFreaks as I believe there is a thread there dedicated to Australian media deals.

#9 savadious

savadious

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 15 March 2007 - 12:13 AM

QUOTE(MODSTERINC @ Mar 12 2007, 09:48 PM) View Post

officemax has 10 PACKS OF VERBS FOR 14.99 CHEAP

Thanks for the tip. I just went to my local OfficeMax and picked up a few boxes in person - same price!

#10 jesterrace777

jesterrace777

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • 6,747 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 09:17 AM

QUOTE(magic_man185 @ Mar 22 2007, 05:28 AM) View Post

I looked on their website earlier today because I was wondering the same thing after reading about the office max deal on here, it also does not say anywhere on their website that this is a sale price. $1.50 a disc, and with jewel case, I think I will be buying my dl discs from there now.

They are not in the jewel case. They are in a small spindle of 10 and yes this does seem to be a nomal price for officemax. Now bring on the coupons so that we can get them for even cheaper. biggrin.gif

#11 P_GR

P_GR

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 09:25 PM

Flashed my box some weeks ago - it took some time, but finally I succeded with no help but this forum.

Has now used by first 10 pack DL' - Verbatium - bought in London for GBP 14 in a small store next to Aldgate station in East London before I started the project.

But I don't live in London - I just go there on business from time to time. I live in Denmark - probably the country that has the highest taxes on DVD - ordinary single layer DVD's are EUr4 and up - I guess a DL would be EUR10 per piece at least. mad.gif

I have looked around on the net. My normal German supplier Nierle only sells Verbatium in single or 5 pieces - normally they are cheap, but not this time. sad.gif

Where should I go - any good webshops to recommend?

Especially suggestions that is located just south of the Danish/German boarder would be nice - I will go there in eastern.

p.s. Hope this treath do not offency any of the rules - As far as I could see it did not.

Lets find the best and cheapest supplier in EU (to prevent VAT issues etc.) love.gif

Edited by P_GR, 29 March 2007 - 09:25 PM.

#12 jesterrace777

jesterrace777

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • 6,747 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 07:08 AM

Did that price include VAT? As for sourcing the cheapest DL Verbatims in Europe, sometimes you need to look no further than someone's sig in order to get your answer. wink.gif

#13 jesterrace777

jesterrace777

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • 6,747 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 07:29 PM

Even if the Officemax stores in your area don't cary them you can still get them for the same price if you order online and get 4 or more of them (free shipping on orders over $50).

#14 sincity

sincity

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 06:04 AM

Bring your empty inkjet carts to OfficeMax for a $3 credit for each one turned in. laugh.gif

#15 ILLusions0fGrander

ILLusions0fGrander

third echelon agent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,500 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 10 April 2007 - 02:13 AM

QUOTE(sincity @ Apr 8 2007, 11:11 PM) View Post

Bring your empty inkjet carts to OfficeMax for a $3 credit for each one turned in. laugh.gif

brand specific? i got a BOX FULL of empty carts.. i heard they stopped that, and that is was only a buck each.

id do that in a minute if this is true.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users