"Technical and General discussion about DVD DL burning, and iso creation and manipulation for the purpose of archival backup of material you own. Hard Moderated."
It is not about the the best place to find DVDs and such discussions would fall outside the scope of this forum. On the other hand, so many of the problems we see here are coming from people using DVDs that do not produce adequate results, and often these are as expensive as the higher grade DVDs.
It is well recognize that the Verbatim +R DL are today (jan 2007) the best media for your X360 backups.
With the only objective to support the backup effort of the members with information to access adequate media at a price that is equivalent (or sometimes better) than some of the lower quality media, we could post here any deals we might see on the Verbatim +R DL Media.
In the context of how this barely fit in the scope of this forum, we must accept some rules:
1) All X-S rules are in effect.
2) When you see a good deal on verbatim and that you are not the party selling, plse post it.
3) If you own the DVDs or work for a party selling the dvds, then you are not allowed to post in this topic. In that case please go the B/S/T forum and post there (read carefully and comply to the rules of that forum).
4) Do not ask "Hi, Where can I find ... I leave in..." without searching the thread first or your post will be removed.
5) Do not post about other brand, unless it is one of the rare case of Verbatim inside (MKM00x)
The posts in this thread are obviously For Your Information only and anyone choosing to conduct any sort of transaction with any of the parties mentionned does so at their own risk and expense.
Enjoy, get the good stuff, it is worthed .
Note: There are sites like CDFreaks.com that are focused on CD/DVD/Burner and where you can find far more extensive information on DVD media and burner bargains (CD Freaks Bargain Basement).
WARNING: It was mentionned in another thread recently (and in some indutry sites including verbatim-outsources-double-layer-dvd-production-to-india ), it seems verbatim will start outsourcing part of his DVD +R DL production to MBI (Moser Baer India). You should start seeing these on the shelves end of Q1 or early Q2 2007. The current unconfirmed news are that they will continue to produce at their Singapore facilities as well. No word yet whether the production of the respective facilities will be assigned by region or not. It would be good to start looking at the label and search for a "Made in Singapore" .
Edited by sosotiit, 17 February 2007 - 04:16 AM.