• PipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 25 March 2008 - 01:56 AM

QUOTE(TruthGuY @ Mar 24 2008, 07:03 PM) View Post

Damn Any U.S deals out there??? cmon people

I posted this site one page back: http://www.netsoftme...batim95310.html

They sell Made in Singapore Verbatims and ship from California with priority shipping. They are selling a 20 pack with shipping for 36 dollars or so.

#362 TruthGuY

TruthGuY

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 03:23 AM

QUOTE(SlickWilly440 @ Mar 24 2008, 09:32 PM) View Post

They sell Made in Singapore Verbatims and ship from California with priority shipping. They are selling a 20 pack with shipping for 36 dollars or so.

Just bought some Thanks smile.gif

#363 SlickWilly440

SlickWilly440

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 03:44 PM

^
You are welcome. I believe you will be very satisfied with your purchase because I sure was. Every single backup so far with those Verbs has booted 100 percent.

The only potential backup that failed was when my computer gave me the Win XP BSOD while making a backup.

#364 jwm6

jwm6

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 11:23 PM

For those of you that are in Cali and want to avoid the 8.250% in California tax from
http://www.netsoftme...batim95310.html

Subtotal: $36.00
Shipping and Handling: $0.00
Tax: (8.250% in California): $2.97
Total: $38.97 USD

You can get a 20 pk of Verbatims 2.4x at Amazon for $37.99

http://www.amazon.co...duct/B000GHWRIK

with free super saver shipping and no tax

Yeah its only .98 cents savings but its better than nothing!

#365 digitalman42

digitalman42

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 707 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 28 March 2008 - 11:05 PM

Just to let you guys know I ordered a spindle from Netsoftmedia. So far I have two discs out of the spindle that DO NOT WORK. The first one if you look at the bottom of the disc, you know how it's purple?? there is a little spot where it was like extra dark where the material in the disc was missing in a small spot. Disc burnt but crapped out while using it on 360. 2nd disc, burnt fine, no missing spots but if you look at the buttom of the disc there is like a moire like faint bendy lines in the material. I looked at the bottom of the discs that worked great, no spots missing, no moire, or if there was moire it was nearly as bad. So it's not the retailers fault, im just saying the purple spindles of verb made in Singapore, for me they have about the same crap out ratio as the verb indias.

The orange verbatims "which are nearly impossible to get at a decent price" are the only ones that work flawless for me so far. I wouldnt pay much for the Purple spindle singapore verb discs, for they have about the same quality as the india discs. And they look exactly like the india discs, if you look at the top of them, I dont think there is ANY diff in quality. Think about it, im about halfway through a 20 pack spindle and had 2 bad discs, thats no better than india purple spindle verb. Im sad to report this, but I wanted you guys to know. So as of right now it looks like we are stuck with getting about 10-20% coasters in our spindles.

QUOTE(SlickWilly440 @ Mar 25 2008, 01:32 AM) View Post

#366 SlickWilly440

SlickWilly440

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 01:44 AM

^
Sorry to hear about your results.

Other than the disc that didn't burn right b/c my computer crapped out on me, all 14 out of 20 discs have worked flawlessly.

I hope none of the remaining 5 discs go bad.

In my opinion, I would blame the 360 drive for being so sensitive about reading any type of disc, where any random optical drive could read that disc perfectly.

Edited by SlickWilly440, 29 March 2008 - 01:47 AM.

#367 digitalman42

digitalman42

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 707 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 02:42 PM

Yeah the 360 drive is defenitly to blame, it's funny because my friend brought over a Nexxtech DVD +R DL I know these are generic, super generic. I burnt something on it, put it in my regular DVD player, played flawlessly, my 360 couldnt even detect I had a disc in. But still I just wanted to let you guys know, the singapore purple label spindles are no better than inda, I have also had india spindles that worked great, some not so great. But all the orange 8x Verbatim spindles worked 100% for me. I mean you can spin it any way you want, but the Purple packaged verb spindles are garbage, even the singapore one.

QUOTE(SlickWilly440 @ Mar 29 2008, 01:20 AM) View Post

^

Other than the disc that didn't burn right b/c my computer crapped out on me, all 14 out of 20 discs have worked flawlessly.

In my opinion, I would blame the 360 drive for being so sensitive about reading any type of disc, where any random optical drive could read that disc perfectly.

Has anyone tried Sony discs??? cause I hear they are Ritek?? isnt that what the old memorex red lables were?? they always worked great for me.

QUOTE(SlickWilly440 @ Mar 29 2008, 01:20 AM) View Post

^

#368 cory1492

cory1492

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 317 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 30 March 2008 - 03:51 AM

QUOTE(digitalman42 @ Mar 29 2008, 07:18 AM) View Post
Has anyone tried Sony discs??? cause I hear they are Ritek?? isnt that what the old memorex red lables were?? they always worked great for me.

Kinda OT, but Sony disks are like memorex/fuji and all the other non-oem brands in that they source their disks from various manufacturers. Sometimes Sony is Verbatims, sometimes they are others - one thing is different though from Sony and the others, the others grab the cheapest they can get (aka: the manufacturer wouldn't sell them as their own brand) and Sony tends to grab grade A only.
----
Just to put in my 2cents on the purple ringed verbatims (though not from that particular supplier), I picked up a 20 pack of 2.4x MIS with the new labels last week when they were on sale at futureshop and I can say they aren't nearly as good as the 8x disks (common consensus from most media forums is that the 8x ones are indeed the best ones currently), but they are definitely not anywhere close to as junky as the MII 2.4x ones with the old label (if you want to see the quality scans to prove it, just let me know.) 1 of 20 has a visible dye defect and I won't bother to burn it, no surface marring on any of them unlike the previous MII pack I had around Christmas time. One thing I do notice is the labeling on the disks is not as crisp as other verbatims I have used, almost like they applied a glossy layer over top of it.

The "moire" pattern mentioned above, if that showed up only after it was burned it is usually termed "propellering", which meant the disk wasn't balanced when it was burned (sometimes the disk is just bad, sometimes it is crud getting on your disk or your drives' spindle.) Otherwise, yeah, it was just a badly made disk that made it past QC.

#369 FreqNasty

FreqNasty

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 07:11 AM

The Verbatim 2.4x printable Made in Singapore discs still work like a charm for me. Burnt using either Pioneer 212 or Sammy 203B at 4x

#370 darkside2911

darkside2911

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 09 April 2008 - 03:03 AM

I dont know about you guys but I dont trust any of the new design verbs. I would rather spend the extra money on the 95484 15pk and know that what I am getting.

#371 subliminall

subliminall

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 05:29 AM

QUOTE(digitalman42 @ Mar 28 2008, 11:41 PM) View Post

Just to let you guys know I ordered a spindle from Netsoftmedia. So far I have two discs out of the spindle that DO NOT WORK. The first one if you look at the bottom of the disc, you know how it's purple?? there is a little spot where it was like extra dark where the material in the disc was missing in a small spot. Disc burnt but crapped out while using it on 360. 2nd disc, burnt fine, no missing spots but if you look at the buttom of the disc there is like a moire like faint bendy lines in the material. I looked at the bottom of the discs that worked great, no spots missing, no moire, or if there was moire it was nearly as bad. So it's not the retailers fault, im just saying the purple spindles of verb made in Singapore, for me they have about the same crap out ratio as the verb indias.

The orange verbatims "which are nearly impossible to get at a decent price" are the only ones that work flawless for me so far. I wouldnt pay much for the Purple spindle singapore verb discs, for they have about the same quality as the india discs. And they look exactly like the india discs, if you look at the top of them, I dont think there is ANY diff in quality. Think about it, im about halfway through a 20 pack spindle and had 2 bad discs, thats no better than india purple spindle verb. Im sad to report this, but I wanted you guys to know. So as of right now it looks like we are stuck with getting about 10-20% coasters in our spindles.

I bought some a 20 pack of those from Netsoft. All 20 100% working and I already ordered another pack and so far that pack is working beautifully to. Maybe your laser is going bad?

#372 digitalman42

digitalman42

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 707 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 03:27 AM

no happened on me and two buddys xbox's too

QUOTE(subliminall @ Apr 11 2008, 05:05 AM) View Post

I bought some a 20 pack of those from Netsoft. All 20 100% working and I already ordered another pack and so far that pack is working beautifully to. Maybe your laser is going bad?

#373 cory1492

cory1492

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 317 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 12 April 2008 - 08:59 AM

Futureshop canada has 'em on again, 24.99/20 pack. Buyer beware (check the labels for MIS and keep digitalman42's experiences in mind, though around here him and his two buddies seem to be the only ones with issues)

digitalman42: burn at 4x, count 95% success rate as pretty darn good, and try a burner that has never had a dual layer burned if you are still getting issues.

Edited by cory1492, 12 April 2008 - 09:00 AM.

#374 crazyshiza

crazyshiza

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 116 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 05:40 PM

I bought the futureshop ones a few weeks ago, great deal, haven't had any problems.

#375 Lentini2001

Lentini2001

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 12 April 2008 - 10:28 PM

Can anyone point me in the direction of a decent (ie non rip-off) UK based seller for these discs please?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users