• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 tumblew33d

tumblew33d

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 01:33 PM

Loving XBMC. Unfortunately I'm not able to stream videos at the moment and it's making me very sad indeed.

I recently reinstalled XP on my PC and created a few new partitions. All my AVI's live on the same drive as they always have, I am sharing the folder that they live in, as I did before. Unfortunately I can't see the folder. When browsing through XBMC I can see the workgroup and then my PC's new name, but I can't see or access any of the shares I have set up.

I've pretty much given up after 7 hours of tinkering with my router, windows networking and XBMC. I can't see anything wrong.

The weird thing is I get the main Xbox news RSS feed, weather still works fine and I can use shoutcast for radio station streaming etc.

Anyone got any ideas? It must be something to do with the fact that my shares are now on a partition. I'm hoping it's something simple that I've overlooked, but at the moment I'm stumped.........

Any help would be very much appreciated.

#2 jrl2222

jrl2222

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 312 posts
  • Interests:Xbox v1.6<br />Xbox v1.3
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 31 January 2007 - 04:43 PM

Try sharing folders on each of your partitions and see if you can browse to any of them using filemanager. This will atleast tell you if you have a problem going off to a secondary partition. If you have another computer can you get to your shares from it?

#3 tumblew33d

tumblew33d

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 05:58 PM

Thanks for the suggestions. I tried sharing my PC's C drive, but no joy. I can still get to the workgroup, and then to the PC name, but no further.

The shares show up in my network places. When you say browse with file manager do you mean the one in XBMC? File manager makes me think of Windows 3.11 love.gif

Going through 'files' in XBMC I get to the same point as always, computer name, but no further.

#4 tumblew33d

tumblew33d

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 09:38 PM

Update:

New partition was set up as a primary partition, I changed it to a logical partition but no change, still cannot access shares.

Flashed router firmware just in case, no change.

I also hooked a laptop into the router and set up a few shares, I can see the laptop and PC names via XBMC, but cannot access (see) any shares on either computer.

Something weird I noticed - when trying to browse videos through XBMC, when I change the browsing option to 'sort by date' both PCs show up as 01/01/1970
What's that all about?!

This blows.

#5 jrl2222

jrl2222

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 312 posts
  • Interests:Xbox v1.6<br />Xbox v1.3
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 01 February 2007 - 09:45 PM

Can the laptop see the PC shares and vice versa?

#6 tumblew33d

tumblew33d

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 07:20 PM

PC could see laptop, but laptop couldn't see PC. I think I've worked out what's wrong (I have a theory at least). When reinstalling XP I used Autopatcher to install all updates and hotfixes. I think I probably let it install something I shouldn't have.

I've installed ccxstreamer and I can get my shares via XBMC again. I'd still like to know why I can't go via SMB anymore though........

I've been reading about the Vista SMB issues. Has an XP update been released that uses the same SMB version as Vista or something? If so I've probably installed it via Autopatcher. Aren't I clever blink.gif

Anyway, I'm happy(ish) for the moment, now that I can get to my beloved AVIs again. Thanks for trying to help, it's much appreciated!

#7 gesseg

gesseg

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 07:15 PM

I dont know if this will work for you, but I had to use my routers username and password.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users