baggiestbullet

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 01 February 2007 - 07:10 AM

Hello all, first of all I just picked up my 360. Thanks to all who helped me get a few questions I had with regards to this purchase. Well I want to hook my 360 up to my monitor (as I am not as rich as the rest of you) it only has one input so I'm thinking about buying a vga splitter to get my 360 viewing on my monitor. Is this a good idea to use a splitter? Will it downgrade the view? Are there certain switches to buy? Also I noticed that the vga adapter from ms has audio input, how should I get these hooked into my pc speakers along with the wire to continuously go to the computer? I've been doing some research on this website but haven't found anything that I find useful. Thanks for all your helps!

#2 baggiestbullet

baggiestbullet

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 07:32 AM

Oh I guess I should ask if it's worth doing this VGA thing with my lcd monitor, it's old, a acer AL1714, with 14 ms refresh and max resolution 1280 X 1024. What's the max resolution can I get out of my xbox with my monitor. Will my monitor even work? Is there a kvm with audio and video? how about surround? Thanks again.

#3 StrictPuppet

StrictPuppet

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,295 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 01 February 2007 - 08:17 AM

I use this kvm on my computer desk for my second 360---> FREEDOM9 KVM-02CA
It takes ps/2 keyboard mouse inputs but outputs w/ usb and also switches audio. Works well and the usb keyboard output works in the 360 dash for entering text messages etc. You just have to come up with a female rca<-->female mini headphone adapter for the audio, and of course you will also need the 360 vga cable.

Even on a smaller monitor like yours @ that resolution, it should look pretty amazing, especially if you are used to SDTV.

#4 woods3336

woods3336

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 01 February 2007 - 03:07 PM

QUOTE(StrictPuppet @ Feb 1 2007, 02:24 AM) View Post

I use this kvm on my computer desk for my second 360---> FREEDOM9 KVM-02CA

Do you notice any lagging at all? I need to purchase something similar but I've heard there is a few ms response lag due to the kvm switch.

*Edit* Found this POST. Seems lagging is an issue.

Do you experience this StrictPuppet?

Edited by woods3336, 01 February 2007 - 03:27 PM.

#5 orytek

orytek

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 07:38 PM

QUOTE(baggiestbullet @ Jan 31 2007, 10:39 PM) View Post

Oh I guess I should ask if it's worth doing this VGA thing with my lcd monitor, it's old, a acer AL1714, with 14 ms refresh and max resolution 1280 X 1024. What's the max resolution can I get out of my xbox with my monitor. Will my monitor even work? Is there a kvm with audio and video? how about surround? Thanks again.

KVM would work fine but it would not really be worth using a 360 on your old Acer unless you have no choice. If your going through the trouble of buying a switch, why not just buy a better monitor? There is some good deals on multi input monitors.

#6 MetalHead06

MetalHead06

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 07:45 PM

This is how I do it. I have a 17" Dell Flat Panel Monitor. I'm not sure what the max resolution on it is, but the picture looks incredible. I have this KVM switch:

http://www.tigerdire...DE=WEBLET03SHIP

It's 20 bux and there's no loss in quality AT ALL and there's no lag either. The cables included are VGA cables that also have a USB cable coming out of it. The cool thing about that is that it actually gets power from your PC and there's no need to plug it in. The downside is that your PC has to be on even if you JUST want to play your 360. Minor inconvience. Finally, you can get a third party VGA cable (for the xbox 360) for like 10 bux on eBay.

Oh as for the sound, use some logic and go to any Radio Shack and pick up the RCA male female converters. Good luck!

Edited by MetalHead06, 01 February 2007 - 07:46 PM.

#7 baggiestbullet

baggiestbullet

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 01:04 AM

hey thanks a lot , you guys are a big help!!! I love this site.

#8 StrictPuppet

StrictPuppet

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,295 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 02 February 2007 - 03:13 AM

QUOTE(woods3336 @ Feb 1 2007, 06:14 AM) View Post

Do you notice any lagging at all? I need to purchase something similar but I've heard there is a few ms response lag due to the kvm switch.

*Edit* Found this POST. Seems lagging is an issue.

Do you experience this StrictPuppet?

If there is a lag there, its not enough for me to notice. I also have a Hawking KVM (dont remember the part # )on another pc, which also hasn't caused me any issues.

#9 woods3336

woods3336

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 02 February 2007 - 01:43 PM

QUOTE(StrictPuppet @ Feb 1 2007, 09:20 PM) View Post

If there is a lag there, its not enough for me to notice. I also have a Hawking KVM (dont remember the part # )on another pc, which also hasn't caused me any issues.

I think I'll give it a shot and see how it works out...

Thanks for your response..... beerchug.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users