• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 nicop

nicop

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 01:40 PM

As I am pretty new to linux i do not know if this is normal or not. I installed YDL which was not that complicated. I also installed VLC according to the tutorial from tictech2.XS Filter - 102806 - 4

Both, YDL and VLC perform horrible as far as I can see. Linux runs very slow, it takes ages to start vlc, open folders etc.

And for Vlc: I can play divx, xvid files, allthough the look terrible. So pixalated. Compared to when I run them on my 42' LCD through vga output of my notebook, they look far inferior. The Notebook resolution is set to 1920x1080 and they look really good.
For playing HD content, I had no success at all. Neither a 1080i TS file nor a 1080 mkv file played on VlC. THe mkv was totally choppy, and the TS file did not play at all (all black screen).

Is there any tweeking I have to do in order to get these file to work properly. As I sead, Im rather new to Linux and to want to facilitate the option of having a media center linux system which can play 1080i files through hdmi, as my notebook is not capable of playing 1080i flawlessly.

#2 the0ry

the0ry

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 111 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 07 March 2007 - 10:53 PM

I'm sorry to hear that. I'm interested in getting a PS3 to replace my XBMC/XBOX. But I'm looking for the PS3 to play the mkv and h.264 files via VLC or Democracy. So, you're having no luck playing those files?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users