Archigos

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 08 November 2007 - 07:47 PM

Woohoo, looks like someone uses the KnowledgeBase I created available here http://blackmarket.ictcsc.net/kb

Now if I can just get people to read the "zzPLEASE READzz" and add some ideas of what they want to see I'll start adding more content as I can. Myself and a few others from the BlackMarket Team will be adding more content there soon anyway, it's just a matter of writing it around the other work we're doing with the scripts, sites, etc.

Later

#1562 designer_John

designer_John

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 10:56 AM

Thanks

Download the files - just need to put them into XBMC and give it a try. Really looking forward to seeing the interface change

Thank you very much for your help - and the guide.

eon

#1563 beenieman4355

beenieman4355

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 145 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 09 November 2007 - 04:23 PM

Hello,
I updated the latest svn of XTV and have the new 3D Cover Art (cover Flow) for music albums and it looks great.
I was wondering if there is a mod to show either of the two ideas when in my music or movie folder below
1. Using the list view, show my selected album or movie with its thumbnail either obtained from online or included in the folder and also the downloaded album information. I find that even though I would hve previously downloaded Album information it still goes online everytime.
2. Using the ne 3D Cover Art view, show my selected album or movie and the info obtained online about the item.

Hope someone can help me achieve most if not all of this or show me how its done already.

#1564 Meridius

Meridius

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 09:42 AM

hi al had a bit of play if you want apple movie trailers in your home page just alter this file HOME.xml look for the youtube part and alter it to this

<item>
<icon>icon-youtube.png</icon>
<thumb>icon-youtube-blur1.png</thumb>
<label>Apple Movie Trailers</label>
<onclick>XBMC.RunScript(Q:\scripts\Apple Movie Trailers\default.py)</onclick>
<visible>Skin.HasSetting(home-youtube)</visible>
</item>

this is the quickest and easy way to do it but remember you have to enable youtube on the home page in the skin settings on XBMC to make it display it on the home page

the only thing is i can not change the icons, does anyone know what the apple icon is called in the textures pack so i can rename it and try it out

thanks hope this helps

i hope this option will be added like the youtube script with proper icons and i thank the maker of the skin its exellent and i hope you add this feature to the next updates

thanks

#1565 designer_John

designer_John

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 10:35 AM

First - Wow - excellent skin - what a superb job - transformed an out of date product into something I can use all the time now - superb

Having a couple of problems:

1. Coverflow. If I only have one movie or one TV show in the directory if you choose coverflow to display it repeats the same cover all across the screen and lets you scroll left or right. If there is only one item should it only display one cover? Have had to revert to list mode at present.

2. TV shows menu. Having problems undersanding what is going on here. I have 2 TV shows each in their own folder. I have specified content to be TV and it has downloaed the information and thumb for the shows. However, if I then open the folder nothing is shown so I cannot select each episode. Am I doing something wrong? Currently have had to turn of the TV show menu - but would like to get it working so that I can split up my Movies and Shows.

3. Also read quite a few pages back that you can select automatically add movies to library - I cannot find this setting?

Thanks. Eon

#1566 Sasuki

Sasuki

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 08:23 PM

Hi,

Look this background biggrin.gif

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

This will be better like that, isn't it ?

IPB Image

#1567 yeawhatever

yeawhatever

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 11 November 2007 - 10:55 PM

guys, which xml holds selected item font colour. wanna change from blue as causes visual problems with background

http://www.postyouri...zGJsM1194819412

#1568 rockdawg

rockdawg

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 11:16 PM

QUOTE(yeawhatever @ Nov 11 2007, 05:31 PM) View Post

guys, which xml holds selected item font colour. wanna change from blue as causes visual problems with background

http://www.postyouri...zGJsM1194819412

Assuming you're using the default color scheme, you need to edit this line:

CODE
<color name="listselectedtext">ff0066cc</color>

in xTV/colors/defaults.xml

#1569 hired goon

hired goon

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 02:29 AM

When I go to "Now Playing", the thumbnail is stretched to cover the width of the progress bar underneath. This is kinda ugly for square album covers, which become rectangles.

Dunno if this is an XBMC or xTV issue, but I tried other skins (such as PMIII and Containment) and these do not display any images for "Now Playing".

#1570 designer_John

designer_John

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 12:20 PM

TV shows button - want to point to a set folder.

I know that this has been asked a lot - and a few answers given, but not quite a full answer.

People have asked to have Movies button point to a certain folder and the TV shows button point to another folder by default. All the answers just address the movies button - ie, press white button and select set as default.

How do you do the same for the TV Shows button. Each time I select the TV shows button it goes into library mode and I can not just select the folder I want to view.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks. Eon

#1571 active8

active8

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 12:07 AM

hi,

i am still having this problem where, the screen keeps on going black and refreshing when i change between certain menus on the xtv skin.
I completely removed XMBC, reinstalled it and then reinstalled the xtv skin i had - what's the latest version??

My TV does upto 480p but even with the xbox HD component cable plugged in, it doesnt allow me to use the 480p options.

Any ideas why I cant get this skin to display properly? the refreshing issues etc?

If you could help I would appreciate it smile.gif

Cheers

Chris

#1572 campusone

campusone

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 04:57 PM

QUOTE(Sasuki @ Nov 11 2007, 08:59 PM) View Post

Hi,

Look this background biggrin.gif

IPB Image

Hi ... where you can find this theme? Thanks

#1573 yeawhatever

yeawhatever

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 13 November 2007 - 06:17 PM

QUOTE(designer_John @ Nov 12 2007, 12:56 PM) View Post

TV shows button - want to point to a set folder.

I know that this has been asked a lot - and a few answers given, but not quite a full answer.

People have asked to have Movies button point to a certain folder and the TV shows button point to another folder by default. All the answers just address the movies button - ie, press white button and select set as default.

How do you do the same for the TV Shows button. Each time I select the TV shows button it goes into library mode and I can not just select the folder I want to view.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks. Eon

this question has been asked to many times. simple answer is, xtv uses libary function for tv button, its only way chief could make it work..... tehre are some hacks to get round it, but it wont work as well as original skin method (animations may be off). if you do want to do the hacks, read back....my sugestion though, do what i did and embrase the libary. its very usefull once you got it up and running. libary aint going away so makes sence to embrase

ps, cheers ac/dc got diff colour text working a treat. not mesed arround in skin since before colours were implemented, didnt even notice folder. stoopid me for not looking wink.gif

#1574 designer_John

designer_John

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 06:28 PM

Shame it can't work :-(

In order to "embrace the library" could you give a step by step easy way to get it working properly?

I have the folders set with the correct content - ie - movies for the movies folder and tv shows for the tv shows folder. However, when I use the menu TV shows - all I ever get is a blank window with the big up and down arrow.

In my TV shows folder I do have other folders to separate all the different progs for example TopGear, Prison Break etc - inside these are all the individual episodes - is this the problem?

Any simple advice would help.

Thanks.

#1575 jabba200

jabba200

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 06:47 PM

for tv show to specific folder change these lines in Home.xml:

<item>
<icon>icon-tv.png</icon>