dfmos

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 111 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 20 February 2007 - 08:23 PM

When using the white theme, the visualization screen has black text which cannot be read because of the black background, also when you launch the lyrics script the pop-up box is white and the text is white making it hard to read

I edited the musicoverlays.xml and got nothing the now playing screen still doesnt come up,

#512 dfmos

dfmos

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 09:25 PM

Hey Chief, love the skin.
Been using the album information scan for music, all is well, it gets the thumb and information from the internet but next time you go to album information for the same album it starts the search again, can this information be saved, So second time around the xbmc doesn't have to search the internet

I'm not sure if this is a Skin problem or a xbmc problem let me know so I can try and get this sorted...

#513 dfmos

dfmos

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 10:46 PM

Theres no images in the file manager, making it hard to find thumbs from the user data, thumbnail folder

#514 mbezik

mbezik

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 340 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 20 February 2007 - 11:25 PM

heres a version without the apple logo

IPB Image

http://www.box.net/public/c8y4vvjvme

#515 edwinmcdunlap

edwinmcdunlap

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,796 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 20 February 2007 - 11:54 PM

Sorry I keep churning out these cheesy themes, but I just can't resist.

Aero - Download
IPB Image

#516 CHI3f

CHI3f

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 21 February 2007 - 01:38 AM

QUOTE(SmokeyFingaz @ Feb 20 2007, 01:48 PM) View Post

yeah i did a clean install.

just updated again: now the now playing screen doesnt pop up at all. while playing music on the home-screen nothing pops up and while listening to music in a folder the overlay in the top corner will fade out when the big now-playing should come into view but.... nothing.

sorry
edit: ok it does pop in but first everything happens like i just posted, then music visualisations kick in and then quite some time later, now playing apears.

Yes that was totally my fault again. Like I said I have been doing some messin around with being able to change the timeout using a script and that timeout was changed while I was doing it and i just forgot to change it back. It is fixed now and by tommorrow I will be done and you guys can edit the timeout yourselves without editing any xml's.

QUOTE(melllvar @ Feb 20 2007, 02:11 PM) View Post

after using this theme almost every movie from my hd started to lag and even freeze.

After applying another theme everything works fine... does anyone else have this isssue?

I can't explain that one.

QUOTE(dfmos @ Feb 20 2007, 02:30 PM) View Post

When using the white theme, the visualization screen has black text which cannot be read because of the black background, also when you launch the lyrics script the pop-up box is white and the text is white making it hard to read

I edited the musicoverlays.xml and got nothing the now playing screen still doesnt come up,

That fading background is blue, and yeah I know it is black. I am working on everything just gimme time. I am more concerned with bugs at the moment and I will get to the minor annoyances later.

QUOTE(dfmos @ Feb 20 2007, 03:32 PM) View Post

Hey Chief, love the skin.
Been using the album information scan for music, all is well, it gets the thumb and information from the internet but next time you go to album information for the same album it starts the search again, can this information be saved, So second time around the xbmc doesn't have to search the internet

I'm not sure if this is a Skin problem or a xbmc problem let me know so I can try and get this sorted...

That is not a skin problem that I know of. I hope I am wrong cause that does kinda suck.

QUOTE(dfmos @ Feb 20 2007, 04:53 PM) View Post

Theres no images in the file manager, making it hard to find thumbs from the user data, thumbnail folder

All those thumbs are in .tbn format which can't be viewed using the picture viewer that I know of. I tried setting a folder that has a defualt.tbn in it and I was not even able to see it from MyPictures so there is nothing I can do about it.

#517 CHI3f

CHI3f

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 04:15 AM

So just finished with the timeout changing option. It works well enough for now. I am not able to make it work using a custom.cof file with your own specified timeout yet but I have a few presets in there - 30 seconds,1 minute,2 minutes,3 minutes,4 minutes, and 5 minutes. That is the best I can do for now.

Remember to do a clean install.

#518 TheLos

TheLos

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 04:53 AM

QUOTE(mbezik @ Feb 20 2007, 11:32 PM) View Post

heres a version without the apple logo

IPB Image

http://www.box.net/public/c8y4vvjvme

Shoot, I saw this screen shot and I got all excited for a second. I thought it was a screen shot of xTV running from a Mac OS X version of XBMC. That would be awesome, XBMC on a Mac, too bad it will probably never happen. Great theme anyways though.

#519 atl_xbox

atl_xbox

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 05:57 AM

Great job w/ this skin and the themes!!

Haven't been able to sort this out - not sure if skin related

clean install and latest XBMC build
have open window set to 'Videos'
on start up Video window comes up but no icons appear and the overlay w/

View:
Sort by:
appears instead

have to back out to get icons up; reboot and same results!?

#520 CHI3f

CHI3f

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 07:19 AM

QUOTE(atl_xbox @ Feb 21 2007, 12:04 AM) View Post

clean install and latest XBMC build
have open window set to 'Videos'
on start up Video window comes up but no icons appear and the overlay w/

View:
Sort by:
appears instead

have to back out to get icons up; reboot and same results!?

That is weird, it works fine for me and the xmls you guys have are the ones straight off my xbox for the most part so I dunno why it is not working for you.

#521 CHI3f

CHI3f

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 08:51 AM

So I setup a new svn repository with all the goodies in it. There was no way in hell I was giving anyone my google code username and password.

Here is the the address you can use to checkout the whole thing with your svn client or you can just click it to browse and download one at a time:
https://opensvn.csie.org/CHI3fs_Stuff/

It contains all the themes made so far for xtv and also contains the xTv changelog, YouTube2, and XinBox scripts all skinned to xTV. Make sure you read the WARNING.txt that is in the scripts folder so we do not have any misunderstandings.

Enjoy.

#522 Jezz_X

Jezz_X

X-S Knowledgebase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,531 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 21 February 2007 - 09:08 AM

QUOTE(CHI3f @ Feb 21 2007, 06:58 PM) View Post

So I setup a new svn repository with all the goodies in it. There was no way in hell I was giving anyone my google code username and password.

Here is the the address you can use to checkout the whole thing with your svn client or you can just click it to browse and download one at a time:
https://opensvn.csie.org/CHI3fs_Stuff/

It contains all the themes made so far for xtv and also contains the xTv changelog, YouTube2, and XinBox scripts all skinned to xTV. Make sure you read the WARNING.txt that is in the scripts folder so we do not have any misunderstandings.

Enjoy.

you need to allow anon checkout because click the link asks for a password

#523 skyzerr33

skyzerr33

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 21 February 2007 - 09:16 AM

Here we have a ps style theme... I've just got to finish the video osd and it should be all done
Let me know what you think... Enjoy biggrin.gif

IPB Image http://www.box.net/public/yqcaejj5md

#524 CHI3f

CHI3f

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 09:19 AM

QUOTE(Jezz_X @ Feb 21 2007, 03:15 AM) View Post

you need to allow anon checkout because click the link asks for a password

Could have swore I did allready. Anyway it is done now.

#525 JustMeD

JustMeD

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 124 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 February 2007 - 10:23 AM

My first theme for xTV titled xdTV. Not only that but my first theme fullstop. Below are some visuals you may already have seen but this is it so please check it out and see any problems please let me know.

IPB Image
IPB Image

xdTV Theme

On a side note. CHI3F is possible to implement a way of having a background visualisation playing behind the skin like in MC360. I know it might not be to everyones taste but with an option to turn on and off would be nice.

D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users