X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 124 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 25 April 2007 - 11:14 AM

rorrie

From memory the intro video no longer works with the latest build of xTV as it had to be modified to incorporate the TV Shows section and it was messing up the animation stuff on the home screen. Try running a copy of the latest xTV build on its own without any mods and see if it functions okay. Alternatively if you do want to use the video intro you will need to get hold of a slightly older version of xTV before the TV shows section was added.

D

#1007 rorrie

rorrie

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 12:53 PM

ok thanks!

i have a working copy of xtv, il stick with that...

im having problems with the tv shows section as well...do i have to do anyhting specific to get my tv shows ot appear in here?

also any ideas on the network problem

thanks

ps- sorry for all these questions! im a total noob!

#1008 JustMeD

JustMeD

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 124 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 25 April 2007 - 02:18 PM

rorrie

With regards the TV show stuff to get it to show what I did was turn off Libray Mode first, then when you have highlighted the folder containing your TV shows set the Content to TV Shows using the TV.com option. Once you have done that you have to scan the content and it will scan your TV shows to the database. When you have finihsed scanning switch back to Library Mode again and you should see the listings by Series. Hope that is clear enough if not have a look at link in my signature which will take you to the online manual which may contain more accurate info.

Also ensure that your TV stuff is named as follows.

lost.s06e9.avi
my name is earl.s02.e8.avi

Also don't worry about putting episodes in season folders etc the database will organise that for you just place in eg Lost, My Name is Earl.

With regards the Network issue I'm not exactly sure what can be causing that problem. Are you getting the RSS feed info across the bottom of the screen? Make sure its enabled in system settings first though. You may also have to set up shared folders on your PC but again I don't know that side of things as I'm a Mac User. Hope this is of help.

D

#1009 yeawhatever

yeawhatever

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 25 April 2007 - 05:20 PM

QUOTE(rorrie @ Apr 25 2007, 01:00 PM) View Post

ok thanks!

i have a working copy of xtv, il stick with that...

im having problems with the tv shows section as well...do i have to do anyhting specific to get my tv shows ot appear in here?

also any ideas on the network problem

thanks

ps- sorry for all these questions! im a total noob!

rorrie, sounds like you have not got your network settings set up right..... go to settings and check there. if you are unshure what to put in there, switch to DCHP....more information is available in the xbmc wiki manual

you wont be ablt to do any internet lookups untill you have got the internet set up on your xbox, as prevously said, best way to check is to see if some scrolling rss text apears on the bottom of your screen, till you et that, your not going anywheer.

soon as u got the network sorted, do the lookup like said, and you should have no probs smile.gif

#1010 Likklebaer

Likklebaer

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,689 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 25 April 2007 - 06:07 PM

QUOTE(Meridius @ Apr 25 2007, 06:04 AM) View Post

could you make the TVshow button an option then on and off maybe ???

Yes. Please, please do this if possible.

#1011 CHI3f

CHI3f

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 25 April 2007 - 06:59 PM

Damn I cant win can I? Fist alot of people complain cause there is no tv shows button and now that I put it in there the most logical way possible and now people are complaining they don't want it.

#1012 Knightmare69

Knightmare69

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 25 April 2007 - 08:14 PM

Personally, I like the TV button smile.gif However, I was wondering if you were considering implementing the media info view into either this skin or containment? No problem if not, it's sad that more skins don't use it. Great job on this and containment btw smile.gif Love them both.

#1013 Drama

Drama

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 08:19 PM

QUOTE(CHI3f @ Apr 25 2007, 07:06 PM) View Post

Damn I cant win can I? Fist alot of people complain cause there is no tv shows button and now that I put it in there the most logical way possible and now people are complaining they don't want it.

Keep it the way it is. When i first tested the library mode i didn't like it, moslty because i hadn't used it before. Now, I've deided to use it; and all of the sudden I love the tv shows section again.

you can't please everyone.

Keep up the AWESOME work, i am in awe.

#1014 japser

japser

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 10:39 PM

I really really like the tv shows button! I hope its here to stay.

QUOTE(Knightmare69 @ Apr 25 2007, 09:21 PM) View Post

However, I was wondering if you were considering implementing the media info view into either this skin or containment?

Second that request! Saw these screenshots a few days ago:

Movies
IPB Image

Tv episodes
IPB Image

Would be sweet if you could implement this in xTV. But i can imagine your too busy with containment at the moment. cool.gif

#1015 beenieman4355

beenieman4355

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 145 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 26 April 2007 - 12:08 AM

Hope the TV Show button becomes an optional feature. Unfortunately I don't have that much collection of shows and would like to keep as current in the build release but stuck now at the build before the TV Shows Button.

#1016 rockdawg

rockdawg

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 12:49 AM

I LOVE the new TV button! I had still been using PM3 only because of it's additional views, but the TV button alone got me to switch. Other than not knowing how to get their files scanned in I still don't see why anyone wouldn't want to use the library.

I would also like to say I would also like to see the media info view added along with the DVD view. IMO those are two really impressive views. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. You've created one hell of a skin here and I love it, I just think they would be the icing on the cake.

QUOTE(JustMeD @ Apr 25 2007, 09:25 AM) View Post

Also ensure that your TV stuff is named as follows.

lost.s06e9.avi
my name is earl.s02.e8.avi

First of all, you can get any naming convention to work. You just need to figure out the proper regexp to get XBMC to understand them. See the manual for examples.

Second, my files are named:

Lost - s1e01 - Pilot.iso

They scan in just fine without having to add a regexp to advancedsettings.xml so there may also be others that work by default. I would ask for some help in the main forum before giving up on the TV library or renaming all my files. Just my $0.02.

#1017 CHI3f

CHI3f

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 12:58 AM

In the SVN.
IPB Image

#1018 Jezz_X

Jezz_X

X-S Knowledgebase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,531 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 26 April 2007 - 01:01 AM

QUOTE(rockdawg @ Apr 26 2007, 09:56 AM) View Post

I LOVE the new TV button! I had still been using PM3 only because of it's additional views, but the TV button alone got me to switch.

laugh.gif you do know you can go into library view set the TV folder as default and then every time you click Videos it will take you there or you could book mark it in the new favorites menu thats just been added

#1019 rockdawg

rockdawg

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 01:22 AM

QUOTE(Jezz_X @ Apr 25 2007, 08:08 PM) View Post

laugh.gif you do know you can go into library view set the TV folder as default and then every time you click Videos it will take you there or you could book mark it in the new favorites menu thats just been added

Yah, what I mean is the TV button and the Movie button on the home page. I like the quick navigation to each section seperately. Thanks anyway.

Thanks for the new view CHI3f! Any chance of changing the wrap view to something more like the DVD view in PM3? Aside from the info displayed, I also really like the closer spacing of the movie covers and I think it looks a little mroe polished. Once again it's just a suggestion. Not complaining by any means.

Thanks again for the new view! Gonna try it now.

Edited by rockdawg, 26 April 2007 - 01:24 AM.

#1020 CHI3f

CHI3f

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 01:37 AM

QUOTE(rockdawg @ Apr 25 2007, 07:29 PM) View Post

Thanks for the new view CHI3f!

xTV has had that view since day one, it is list view in library mode. The only thing I have done today was add the plot to it. You just have to have a list item focused for 2 seconds and the icon will slide up and shrink to reveal the info, just like apple tv.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users