1802 replies to this topic

#1066 Zacharuni

Zacharuni

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 04:28 AM

For some reason I see no pictures at all. Is there a step I missed?

#1067 yeawhatever

yeawhatever

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 11 May 2007 - 03:57 PM

QUOTE(jabba200 @ May 10 2007, 10:26 PM) View Post

@yeawhatever

"Remember you can always turn libary mode of for movies, just have it take you default take to top level, with sourses of tv and movies added there.... or actually embrase the libary function and rename properly. The libary aint going anywhere, so you migth as well get current"

Do you mean pal.zip from page 62?

If so, great ill update to latest build. I tried Library mode, and its not for me.

Thanks

No, dont use my old mod. ill delete them actually.... no i was saying get latest build, and there is option in skin settings to have movies not use libary function.... You could use this, and have it point to top level (so when u enter movies, you could have 2 sourses, TV and films etc)...... if you really want to get savy, you could rename movies to video again... its not hard... but remember chi3f has mentioned something about turnign the feature off, so look out for that

#1068 feerlessleadr

feerlessleadr

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 143 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 08:52 PM

hey all...just upgraded to HD and got the component cables for my xbox and i am loving every second. I am having one small problem however. when I am watching a movie all of the text is huge and doesent fit in the boxes so i can only read the very beginning of any text string

here is a screenshot:

IPB Image

I just updated to the latest build of xtv and i am using a pretty recent version of xbmc

thanks guys

#1069 yeawhatever

yeawhatever

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 11:31 PM

QUOTE(feerlessleadr @ May 11 2007, 09:28 PM) View Post

I just updated to the latest build of xtv and i am using a pretty recent version of xbmc

thanks guys

That might be your prob: chi3f ran through his xml through a clean up program and its SCREWED it up big time.... 4:3 Pal is unusable. all the includes has gone arse over tit..... if you use svn, grab the revision before and see if that solves the prob.

I dont use HD here so cant tell, but try older xtv version first, then we can try and fault find if that doesnt work

#1070 Kautious619

Kautious619

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 109 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6d
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 12 May 2007 - 12:10 AM

Thank for the update and love the TV/ Movies library set-up itís been working perfectly for me from day one. I did notice that sometimes when going into my TV shows my watch/unwatched overlays will flash on and then go off. I have to go back in to setting and turn them off and on again to see the last show I watched. My Movie library works fine. Is anyone else having this problem? I will try and install the skin again.

Thank aging for a great skin biggrin.gif

#1071 CHI3f

CHI3f

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 12 May 2007 - 03:47 AM

QUOTE(feerlessleadr @ May 11 2007, 04:28 PM) View Post

hey all...just upgraded to HD and got the component cables for my xbox and i am loving every second. I am having one small problem however. when I am watching a movie all of the text is huge and doesent fit in the boxes so i can only read the very beginning of any text string

here is a screenshot:

IPB Image

thanks guys

It is because your UI is set to 720p and the video is playing at normal 16x9 resolution, just set your video player away from auto.

#1072 feerlessleadr

feerlessleadr

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 143 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 06:20 AM

QUOTE(CHI3f @ May 11 2007, 11:23 PM) View Post

It is because your UI is set to 720p and the video is playing at normal 16x9 resolution, just set your video player away from auto.

thanks chi3f

#1073 XBNormUK

XBNormUK

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 268 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 13 May 2007 - 12:20 PM

Hi Chief,
Just thought id drop in and pop in a post, just a couple of points. Firstly and most importantly, its nice to see work continuing on this great skin. I was worried with the other projects that xtv's development may simply stop but your clearly working your nuts off at the mo so keep up it and thanks.
Secondly, my personal point of view regarding the introduction of the tv shows / library only feature, which seems to have split the current fans of xtv, of which i count myself.
It appears from recent posts that the door has been closed on this one, and you have made the decision that this feature will be an integral part of xtv going forward. As a fan of your work, thats cool and I respect that decision, as should all users.
However, I dont use library mode, and wont be starting to anytime soon. Not because I dismiss it out of hand, or because I am wary of new things or anything like that, I have tried it and it simply doesnt suit my needs and is not worth the hassle to me. Im only telling you this as I suspect there are a great deal of users like me.
For me, making the library mode and an integral part of xtv, changes xtv's dynamic altogether. Rather than being a great generic skin that suits all needs and is skin which any user can simply adapt to with minimum fuss, it becomes a great skin which is more specific to people who use XBMC a specific way. If that was the purpose then you have made the right choice for sure, and your skin will suit a those users perfectly, However, the flip side to that is that the rest of us start using another skin. That pains me because I much prefer xtv's look to anything else at the mo.
Anyways, I will leave it a that, like I said, its great to see Xtv still developing, and keep up the good work.

#1074 yeawhatever

yeawhatever

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 12:44 PM

QUOTE(XBNormUK @ May 13 2007, 12:56 PM) View Post

It appears from recent posts that the door has been closed on this one, and you have made the decision that this feature will be an integral part of xtv going forward. As a fan of your work, thats cool and I respect that decision, as should all users.

ure in luck guys, christmass has come early. chi3f is working on disabling tv button option.... he had a BIT of a setback when he ran through his code through a cleaner which totally boked it, so he has to redo all his work. bit of patience will certainly be rewarded. finally a solution that will suit everyone. smile.gif

#1075 CHI3f

CHI3f

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 02:13 AM

What he said^^^^^^.

Not only that but you do have to remember that this is a apple tv replica skin and I feel it is important to try to make it as much like it as possible. I realize that there are a few parts that are not like apple tv but that was our choosing, but I feel I should at least keep the home window as close to apple tv's as possible. Alos like I have said time and time again, I cant make the tvshows button link to files view cause the icon animation will not work. Trust me if I could have done it I would have cause I do not even use library mode that much myself either.

It was never my intent to tailor the skin to the needs of a specific user group. I try to listen to people's comments and suggestions and make reasonable changes to the skin as much as I can but I have a feeling that this TvShows button controversy will never go away. I had tons of complaints when I didn't have a TvShows button and now that I do it seems that the number of complaints is still the same, it is rather discouraging. My point is I am trying the best I can to make this skin usable by everyone without giving up it's apple tv look and feel.

#1076 Dauddy

Dauddy

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 14 May 2007 - 04:29 AM

i like tv button, library or not...what i dont like is having the menu pop up evertime I enter the tv button (with videos already in the library) maybe theres a small fix..thanks

#1077 RocK111

RocK111

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 08:22 AM

QUOTE(CHI3f @ May 14 2007, 09:49 AM) View Post

I do not even use library mode that much myself either.

blink.gif sad.gif unsure.gif
I try to use library, but at the end turn it off. unless a auto rename software is available then I'll use library mode.

#1078 skyzerr33

skyzerr33

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 14 May 2007 - 10:23 AM

Just a bug with the skin if you are using a custom background image
then play a movie then hit the X button and back to the homescreen the background goes back to the default
black background

Also is there any chance making a option top use the background visulisation showing through on the home screen?
If not can someone tell me how i would do this?

Cheers

Edited by skyzerr33, 14 May 2007 - 10:26 AM.

#1079 Nezahaulcoyote

Nezahaulcoyote

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 03:12 PM

This skin is ok. But I prefer Clearity Remix. U can actually select differen't files under one picture. This skin is to bland without this feature. MC360 does the best at this with its hand icon over all the files a user may have. Good job though for a basic skin.

#1080 CHI3f

CHI3f

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 03:46 PM

QUOTE(Nezahaulcoyote @ May 14 2007, 10:48 AM) View Post

This skin is ok. But I prefer Clearity Remix. U can actually select differen't files under one picture. This skin is to bland without this feature. MC360 does the best at this with its hand icon over all the files a user may have. Good job though for a basic skin.

Why would you post in this topic to say you like other skins better? Do you think I am gonna break the apple tv design it was meant to have? I mean I cant just start an apple tv replica skin and not make it anything like it, that would be stupid.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users