<include name="10003"><label>Music</label></include>
<include name="10004"><label>Photos</label></include>
<include name="10005"><label>Weather</label></include>
<include name="10006"><label>Files</label></include>
<include name="10007"><label>Scripts</label></include>
<include name="10008"><label>Settings</label></include>
<include name="10009"><label>Play Disc</label></include>
<!-- End home includes -->

I then have Videos up the top then a blank line under it with an arrow (where TV shows was).

How do I get rid of that?

Edited by llsTixll, 02 August 2007 - 09:43 AM.

#1263 Far Beyond Driven

Far Beyond Driven

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 349 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 02 August 2007 - 04:38 PM

A few questions:

How do I make the Movies and TV Shows buttons go to seperate shares?

I read that the homescreen animations get messed up when you do this, but I'm not bothered, I just want to make use of the TV button and likewise and the Movies button go to my Movies.

I have the xTV Coverflow mod (http://xboxmediacent...t=24617&page=19), the xTV build in CHEIF's signature and XBMC-SVN_2007-07-16_rev9578-T3CH.
All the text and buttons don't show. How do I get Coverflow to work?

And how difficult would it be to add a button to the homescreen? I need an extra item for clips..

Thanks to anyone with the answers wink.gif

#1264 llsTixll

llsTixll

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 516 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 03 August 2007 - 01:34 AM

QUOTE(Far Beyond Driven @ Aug 3 2007, 02:14 AM) View Post

A few questions:

Ditto. I have no idea on how to use the libraries in XBMC but the TV Shows button always goes to the library option. I'd rather have it go to a separate share (as last post) or get rid of it altogether (post before the last - but I can't seem to nail it).

#1265 rockdawg

rockdawg

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 12:46 AM

You need to edit the appropriate Home.xml file. If you are using a widescreen TV then you need to edit the one in the XBMC/skin/xTV/PAL16x9/ folder. Otherwise, edit the one in the XBMC/skin/xTV/PAL/ folder. Scroll down the file until you see the "<!-- Library -->" section header. Immediately under it are two entries for buttons ID 5 & 25. These are for the "Movies" button. In both goups look for this line:

CODE
<onclick>ActivateWindow(MyVideoLibrary,MovieTitles)</onclick>

Once you find it you need to replace the text in the paraenthesis to "MyVideoFiles,Movies" where Movies is the name of the share you have your movies in. If your share is named Films then change the text to "MyVideoFiles,Films". Do this for both button entries (5 & 25).

For the TV Shows button you do the same thing except you look for button ID 6 & 26. and look for this line:

CODE
<onclick>ActivateWindow(MyVideoLibrary,tvshowtitles)</onclick>

Once again you need to replace the text in the paranthesis, but this time change it to "MyVideoFiles,TV Shows" where TV Shows is the name of your share that contains the TV shows.

#1266 NotShorty

NotShorty

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 12:54 AM

QUOTE(Far Beyond Driven @ Aug 2 2007, 12:14 PM) View Post
I have the xTV Coverflow mod (http://xboxmediacenter.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24617&page=19)

Anyone get the coverflow mod to work??? I can't figure it out...

T3CH 7/30 (not the 8/05 yet - that fkkr cranks 'em out way too fast! smile.gif
xTV SVN as of 8/4

Thanks!
NS

#1267 djdafreund

djdafreund

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 07 August 2007 - 05:29 AM

Working fine here, using 8/5 and 8/6. Looks great too. Only problem i noticed for some weird reason (using todays SVN of skin, which isn't any new updates.) is it is locking up when selecting any movies. I did delete and re-copy a new skin build over fresh, and it's still freezing XBMC up when selecting a movie in list. Not having anything to do with the cover mod, as it does it with any view, as well as PM3,Containment,Vision,Xbox-Classic don't inherit this problem for some reason. Just xTV. Very weird.

#1268 llsTixll

llsTixll

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 12:56 PM

QUOTE(rockdawg @ Aug 6 2007, 10:22 AM) View Post

You need to edit the appropriate Home.xml file. If you are using a widescreen TV then you need to edit the one in the XBMC/skin/xTV/PAL16x9/ folder. Otherwise, edit the one in the XBMC/skin/xTV/PAL/ folder. Scroll down the file until you see the "<!-- Library -->" section header. Immediately under it are two entries for buttons ID 5 & 25. These are for the "Movies" button. In both goups look for this line:

CODE
<onclick>ActivateWindow(MyVideoLibrary,MovieTitles)</onclick>

Once you find it you need to replace the text in the paraenthesis to "MyVideoFiles,Movies" where Movies is the name of the share you have your movies in. If your share is named Films then change the text to "MyVideoFiles,Films". Do this for both button entries (5 & 25).

For the TV Shows button you do the same thing except you look for button ID 6 & 26. and look for this line:

CODE
<onclick>ActivateWindow(MyVideoLibrary,tvshowtitles)</onclick>

Once again you need to replace the text in the paranthesis, but this time change it to "MyVideoFiles,TV Shows" where TV Shows is the name of your share that contains the TV shows.

Nope, didn't work for me.

Can anyone else help out? How do you get the TV Shows icon on the main screen to simply go to the file selection screen instead of going into library mode?

Edited by llsTixll, 07 August 2007 - 12:57 PM.

#1269 rockdawg

rockdawg

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 09:19 PM

QUOTE(llsTixll @ Aug 7 2007, 08:32 AM) View Post

Nope, didn't work for me.

Can anyone else help out? How do you get the TV Shows icon on the main screen to simply go to the file selection screen instead of going into library mode?

It does work. It tried it on my own install. One thing it may be is I think that section of the home.xml is actually the library section (I'm at work so I cant see it right now) and I think you may need to go into the skin settings and check the "Open Movies in library view" option or something like that. I know that sounds counterproductive to what you want to do, but I think it's necessary for xTV to read the lines I said to edit.

The reason I think that may be the problem is that I always use the library views for both movies and tv. In fact, I love that feature of xTV. Anyway, I was playing with another skin and noticed how this code worked and remembered all the people who wanted xTV to point to shares instead of the library so I tried it on mine and it worked. Because I normally like and use the library I have that setting enabled in xTV. It's the only thing I can think that would keep it from working for you when it did for me... assuming you haven't made a typo or something.

Edited by rockdawg, 07 August 2007 - 09:23 PM.

#1270 llsTixll

llsTixll

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 11:01 PM

Cool - thanks buddy. I'll give it another shot.

My share on the PC is called Movies, but how does the xml know which PC to look at it to see the Movies share? Do I need to set a default server somewhere?

I think at the moment my PC is set as the source for 'SMB Network share'.

#1271 pow_hnd

pow_hnd

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Interests:Snowboarding, Motorcycles, Computers, Traveling, Music
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 07 August 2007 - 11:29 PM

Yo!

Where can I get this downloaded with out a SVN client.... I have a MAC and SVN is not the easiest to use.... I did get it a while ago but it doesn't seem to work on my machine... I have XBMC 7-30-07 rev9731 t3ch running but the skin doesn't work... Any ideas...

#1272 rockdawg

rockdawg

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 01:59 AM

QUOTE(llsTixll @ Aug 7 2007, 06:37 PM) View Post

Cool - thanks buddy. I'll give it another shot.

My share on the PC is called Movies, but how does the xml know which PC to look at it to see the Movies share? Do I need to set a default server somewhere?

I think at the moment my PC is set as the source for 'SMB Network share'.

The xml references a "source" you need to have setup in XBMC. In the following code...

<onclick>ActivateWindow(MyVideoFiles,Movies)</onclick>

...you would replace the bold portion with whatever you named your source.

You need to create a "source" in XBMC. The source points to a network location and assigns it a name. To setup a source click on Movies (in xTV) and then make sure that library mode is disabled (left or right directional pad to see the menu). Now just hit the white button and click on "Add Source" and you can point to a network share and give it a name. Once you do that for your movies and TV shows, then follow my instructions above and all should be well.

QUOTE(pow_hnd @ Aug 7 2007, 07:05 PM) View Post

Yo!

Where can I get this downloaded with out a SVN client.... I have a MAC and SVN is not the easiest to use.... I did get it a while ago but it doesn't seem to work on my machine... I have XBMC 7-30-07 rev9731 t3ch running but the skin doesn't work... Any ideas...

There is a download link in CHI3F's signature. Look for his post on the previous page.

Edited by rockdawg, 08 August 2007 - 01:59 AM.

#1273 llsTixll

llsTixll

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 01:07 PM

Thanks rockdawg - got it sorted...works a treat.

Cheers

#1274 Far Beyond Driven

Far Beyond Driven

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 349 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 08 August 2007 - 03:47 PM

I've got this Movies/TV Shows share working now too and it's alright except I want the TV Shows view to say TV Shows and not Movies. Can that be done?

#1275 CHI3f

CHI3f

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 08 August 2007 - 03:54 PM

QUOTE(Far Beyond Driven @ Aug 8 2007, 11:23 AM) View Post

I've got this Movies/TV Shows share working now too and it's alright except I want the TV Shows view to say TV Shows and not Movies. Can that be done?

No, cause the tv shows icon and label will only appear when you are in the tvshows section of the video library. That is why I never was able to make it link the the video files window and had to make it only link to the video library. You see, there is no visibility condition that can let me code it any other way.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users