• Please log in to reply
1802 replies to this topic

#1351 tippo88

tippo88

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 08:25 AM

Am using XBMC with Xtv skin as a mythtv front end using the xbmcmythtv script. Everything works fine and have modified the main menu to start mythtv as per previous post. Only problem is that some of the xbmcmythtv screens dont show clearly when using Xtv. For example in the program guide screen the curser doesnt show so it is impossible to select a program. Obvioulsy I need to modify xbmcmythtv so that it shows correctly in Xtv - was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction as to how to do this. Thanks

#1352 gilbreen

gilbreen

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 02:21 PM

Thanks Jezz_X. I see there are a couple of different YouTube scripts on xbmcscripts.com. Does it matter which one is used? I would guess no as long as the path is as below but wanted to double-check.

QUOTE(Jezz_X @ Sep 3 2007, 01:57 AM) View Post

Indeed that is what one must do install the script to your scripts folder in a folder names youtube so it goes
CODE
Q:\scripts\YouTube\default.py

because thats what it tries to launch

p.s Q: = XBMC installed dir incase you didn't know

#1353 aart

aart

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 04 September 2007 - 09:12 AM

Imo i'd use the youtube2 script, because its fairly new and gets updated now and again.. but you should test out which one works best for you. And yes the shortcut is correct, it should work like that.

#1354 gilbreen

gilbreen

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 10:34 PM

QUOTE(aart @ Sep 4 2007, 02:48 AM) View Post

Imo i'd use the youtube2 script, because its fairly new and gets updated now and again.. but you should test out which one works best for you. And yes the shortcut is correct, it should work like that.

Thanks aart - I stumbled upon te the youtube2 also by reading the xbmc forums. Installed it last night and it is working as advertised.

In fact, this morning, it struck me since this is just calling out a script, I could change the home screen to have it launch any script. Perhaps I'll change it to have it launch the Apple Movie Trailers script since I use that quite a bit.

#1355 CHI3f

CHI3f

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 04 September 2007 - 10:50 PM

I am working on a skin for the youtube2 script to match xtv.

#1356 aart

aart

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 04 September 2007 - 11:55 PM

nice, i like this skin very much, looks awesome. only thing i would like to see altered are the buttons from the shutdown menu, they look kinda low quality somehow...

#1357 rockdawg

rockdawg

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 12:15 AM

QUOTE(CHI3f @ Sep 4 2007, 06:26 PM) View Post

I am working on a skin for the youtube2 script to match xtv.

Any hope for an Apple Movie Trailer skin?

#1358 Terc

Terc

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 130 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 05 September 2007 - 01:17 AM

Me again. Nice to see things are still moving along on this fantastic skin. Thanks CHI3f for all your work.

#1359 runningmankev

runningmankev

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 05:03 AM

I so totally love this skin and my thanks goes out to all those involved you really are a bunck of bright buggers. This brings me to my next question I have downloaded the latest XBMC SVN and XTV Skin and noticed a couple of pages back in this forum that somone mentioned they had put a remove tv button in the skin settings. I downloaded XTV last night and it doesnt seem to have the tv remove button I would like to swap it with the weather button. what do I need to do???

Cheers

#1360 CHI3f

CHI3f

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 05:08 AM

QUOTE(runningmankev @ Sep 5 2007, 12:39 AM) View Post
This brings me to my next question I have downloaded the latest XBMC SVN and XTV Skin and noticed a couple of pages back in this forum that somone mentioned they had put a remove tv button in the skin settings. I downloaded XTV last night and it doesnt seem to have the tv remove button I would like to swap it with the weather button. what do I need to do???

From the home window, select "System", then "Skin Settings" and you will see a list of options. The toggles for the TV Shows,You Tube, and Weather buttons are in there.

#1361 PantsOnFire

PantsOnFire

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 297 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 05 September 2007 - 02:22 PM

Hi guys,

Just updated to latest xTV skin, wow! many great improvements since the first rel. which I had.

Love the theme downloads too! Especially the xdtv and 360-esque ones.

Just a question..

I cleared my thumbnails cache in the "pictures" folder.

And switch to LIST view in MY PICTURES, to re-generate the thumbs.

In my ADVANCEDSETTINGS.XML file I have set the thumbsize to 512. (this effects ALL thumbs right? (pic (JPG), movie thumb (TBN), music folder art (JPG), movie folder art (JPG))

But the generated thumbs look really ropey. I don't get it. (the images are remote by the way).

The local images (JPG) stored on xbox hdd look great after thumbnail generating.

Does the xTV skin generate thumbs by its own rules? (ie not governed by ADVANCEDSETTINGS.XML)

Help appreciated,
thanks.

#1362 CHI3f

CHI3f

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 02:38 PM

no

#1363 craze7

craze7

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 05:07 PM

i updated too, but i had to go back to an earlier build because i thought the tilted icons looked a bit poor/skewed, an option to turn this on/off would be great.

But the apart from that this is the best skin out there and im happy with the old build..

thanks chi3f!

#1364 PantsOnFire

PantsOnFire

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 09:05 PM

thanks chief for the clarification.

but i still dont know why its happening?
cos they definitely are of poorer quality (the thumbs of remote images).

so you think its an xbmc problem?

#1365 PantsOnFire

PantsOnFire

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 09:56 PM

QUOTE(craze7 @ Sep 5 2007, 05:43 PM) View Post

i updated too, but i had to go back to an earlier build because i thought the tilted icons looked a bit poor/skewed, an option to turn this on/off would be great.

But the apart from that this is the best skin out there and im happy with the old build..

thanks chi3f!

I wasn't quite clear what you meant, did you mean the thumbs were looking lower quality? Or that you just didn't like the skewed angle too much?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users