X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:Politics, Energy, Computers, Comedy, Films
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 02 February 2007 - 10:40 PM

My mate enabled HD (1080i i think) on the Microsoft Dashboard and the screen went blank. Now when I boot, it doesn't display anything. And after about 5 seconds, the light flashes on the front of the XBOX.

He done it with an ordinary AV cable in it so I acquired a component cable and still it does the same. What can be done to reset it back to normal settings. Also, i need to know a couple of things.

1. Apparently, when you use an ordinary AV cable, it auto switches back to normal if HD is selected. True or false?

2. Could it be the component cable that is knackered?

3. Would it still display the XBOX splash screen if the modchip is broken or come loose? (Apparently, this could be bust)

#2 deadparrot

deadparrot

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,300 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 03 February 2007 - 10:26 AM

QUOTE(EnglandStan @ Feb 2 2007, 09:47 PM) View Post

My mate enabled HD (1080i i think) on the Microsoft Dashboard and the screen went blank. Now when I boot, it doesn't display anything. And after about 5 seconds, the light flashes on the front of the XBOX.

He done it with an ordinary AV cable in it so I acquired a component cable and still it does the same. What can be done to reset it back to normal settings. Also, i need to know a couple of things.

1. Apparently, when you use an ordinary AV cable, it auto switches back to normal if HD is selected. True or false?

2. Could it be the component cable that is knackered?

3. Would it still display the XBOX splash screen if the modchip is broken or come loose? (Apparently, this could be bust)

1. True!
2. Possibly.
3. What colours are flashing?

#3 EnglandStan

EnglandStan

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:Politics, Energy, Computers, Comedy, Films
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 03 February 2007 - 01:02 PM

The light that flashes is the light around the eject button. It flashes as if there is no cable in the AV socket. Also, the original AV cable doesn't auto-switch back to normal resolution. The splash screen doesn't display at all, it's just the blue screen from the TV that is displayed to indicate that there is no signal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users