GtrVrtuoso

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 02 February 2007 - 11:09 PM

I was wondering a while back there was a lightning storm, and as a result it fried the ethernet on my Xbox. So for the purpose of backing up games I installed a 250gb hdd. Now that I have an Xbox 360 I never use my Xbox 1 and put the original hdd back in. I would like to know If I simply set the jumper to master or slave, should it show up in windows? and from there I should be able to put the games onto dvdrs? Any help would be much appreciated.

#2 EnglandStan

EnglandStan

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:Politics, Energy, Computers, Comedy, Films
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 02 February 2007 - 11:25 PM

Not sure. I think because it is locked that you can't and the only way is to FTP to it becasue the file system is that of what Windows can't understand. The only way to communicate with it is via an FTP connection. Windows XP only supports FAT, NTFS and CDFS. Older versions of Windows can read others, but the XBOX wasn't about then so they definatly won't be able to read it.

If your RJ45 connection is shagged, i'm afraid the only thing you can do is pop the HDD into another modded XBOX.

#3 JEB-101

JEB-101

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 02 February 2007 - 11:31 PM

As long the hard drive is unlocked you can plug it in the hard drive and have a linux live CD with FAT-X compatibility and you will be able to read and copy the content. There are windows tools also now I beleive.

beerchug.gif

JEB

#4 GtrVrtuoso

GtrVrtuoso

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 02 February 2007 - 11:51 PM

Ok ,and if it isn't unlocked, just put it back into the Xbox and use one of the utils included on the AID 3.0 to unlock it?

#5 EnglandStan

EnglandStan

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:Politics, Energy, Computers, Comedy, Films
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 07 February 2007 - 10:48 PM

I supose so, yeah dry.gif

#6 Nohbdy

Nohbdy

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 08 February 2007 - 02:43 AM

assuming you have evox... that has built in lock/unlock tools as well... (however if it isn't already enabled, it would need to be edited in the evox.ini and you can't exactly edit that without FTP)

you could also burn many programs to a cd/dvd and run the program from the disk to unlock it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users