Posted 06 February 2007 - 12:11 AM

Making Xbox 1 backups with 5.2 Samsung firmware

What you will need
1. A brain
2. XDVDMulleterBeta3 (Xbins)
3. DvdInfoPro (dvdinfopro.com)
4. ImgBurn (http://www.imgburn.com/)
5. Good Media (+r)(I used memorex +r's)
6. A DVD burner that supports book type settings.

1. Open DvdInfoPro and go to booktype settings.
IPB Image
2. Now select DVD-ROM, and click the 2 buttons below it
Note: if you have NERO installed on your computer it automatically changes your booktype.
IPB Image

3. Now that your booktype is set lets make the ISO. Open XDVDMulleterBeta3 and select make new ISO. Then select make ISO from folder. Then pick a folder that would contain all the elements of the disk root folder. Note: the xbe wont appear only the folders. I am making a halo2 disk, the folder I picked (halo2disk) contains all the elements that go in the root of the game. Now select ok.
IPB Image
4. Select create a standard ISO (xbox1 or Xtreme5+)
IPB Image
5. It will tell you whether your xbe is valid, if it isn’t try getting a direct rip.

6. Since we are building an ISO from scratch, we will need to download a layout, in my case I needed to download a halo2 layout file. You can get these at layouts.xboxscene.com. Note: you can also get optimized layouts for something like a halo2 multiplayer only disk.
IPB Image
7. Click next and then click make ISO. Save your ISO in my documents or something similar and when it’s done open ImgBurn.
IPB Image

8. Now open ImgBurn and select your ISO. Then select the writing speed to 4x (don’t do anything higher because your dvd drive might not read it.). Then hit Burn.
When it’s done don’t forget to put it in your xbox! Duh..

Things I'm adding later
-Make layout files and raw dumps with your xbox1.
-Other features of XDVDMULLETER

Credits
The guys behind ImgBurn
Badsheepy for XDVDMulleterBeta
http://layouts.xbox-scene.com/
commodore4eva for his 1337 firm releases
DvdInfoPro
Xbox-Scene THE BEST WEBSITE

Edited by leorimolo, 06 February 2007 - 12:17 AM.

#2 sosotiit

sosotiit

X-S Transcendental

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,034 posts
  • Interests:Techno gadgets and espresso coffee
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 06 February 2007 - 12:55 AM

great info, thks,
would be also great to show starting from an ISO (generated by XBCreator or schtrom)

again huge thks,
added to the Backup Faq
soso

Edited by sosotiit, 06 February 2007 - 01:01 AM.

#3 selyb

selyb

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 12:09 PM

the speed you need to burn discs is completely dependant on media being used and your brand of dvd writer
i have a benq 1655 and if i burn anything slower than 8x using SONY D11 8x or FujiFilm ProDisc 16x no drive will read the discs

#4 IronestMaiden

IronestMaiden

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 340 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 08 February 2007 - 06:30 PM

great tut really appreciate it

#5 MatrixX

MatrixX

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:Hacking!
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 13 February 2007 - 05:54 AM

Does FW Xtreme 5.2, take care of the of the need to have a burner that supports book type settings?

#6 sosotiit

sosotiit

X-S Transcendental

• Head Moderators
  • 6,034 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 02:56 PM

Do not want to pick on you wink.gif but plse take the time to explorer the pinned section at the top of the forum ( Backup Faq - Everything* You Need To Know PLEASE READ BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS! ) and search for previous topic on that subject.

Also in the Release post of xtreme Fw, not needed since version 3.1.

Thks for your understanding, soso

QUOTE(From the rules @ Dec 2006)

Making Posts/Threads/Topics on these forums:

With that said, it is recommended that before you consider making a post in ANY forum on this site that you first review the Pinned/Sticky Topics at the top of the forum you are interested in. Chances are, anything you might want to ask, has already been asked and answered there. If not, do a search. No one likes to answer the same question a 1000 times. If you make a post that has been done many many time before, staff might close it, or merge it with others.

So.. before making a post, check existing topics.. both pinned, and by search. Still think you should/can make a post?

#7 xbcc

xbcc

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 05:23 PM

I guess it doesn't matter if it's a 16x, 8x or a 4x DVD?

Edited by xbcc, 25 March 2007 - 05:28 PM.

#8 jhoff80

jhoff80

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 08:12 AM

I have a probably stupid question myself. Do single layer Xbox1 backups still have to be patched with the security sector?

#9 pohclan

pohclan

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 05:19 PM

What abuot dual layer backups???

Is this method valid choosing the first option "Create DVD9 ISO with zeroed padding"?

#10 sosotiit

sosotiit

X-S Transcendental

• Head Moderators
  • 6,034 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 05:38 PM

QUOTE(pohclan @ Mar 29 2007, 01:26 PM) View Post

What abuot dual layer backups???

Is this method valid choosing the first option "Create DVD9 ISO with zeroed padding"?

what X3600drive do your have?
what drive do you use for extraction?
rgd, soso

#11 pohclan

pohclan

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 08:18 PM

QUOTE(sosotiit @ Mar 29 2007, 06:45 PM) View Post

what X3600drive do your have?
what drive do you use for extraction?
rgd, soso

I have transferred the game files to my hard disk and selected it in XDVDMulleter to create the ISO, just like the tutorial.
This files have been transferred before through FlashFXP.

The latest version of XDVDMulleter allows to rip the game directly from the FTP, so I guess I don't need special extraction methods to build a 360 compatible ISO.
But I'm here to learn, so if anyone can teach me about the right way to make Xbox 1 compatible backup i'll be grateful.

#12 sosotiit

sosotiit

X-S Transcendental

• Head Moderators
  • 6,034 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 08:50 PM

QUOTE(pohclan @ Mar 29 2007, 04:25 PM) View Post

...so if anyone can teach me about the right way to make Xbox 1 compatible backup i'll be grateful.

I am smile.gif ,

obviously if we agree on the fact that backup are made from the original. No backup from backup as per the rules at the top of the section where the XdvdMulleter thread is:

QUOTE(sosotiit @ Feb 5 2007, 07:01 PM) View Post

Many discussions currently on the tools to backup XBox 1 games to SL DVD

Lets all remember that we do not allow discussion at XS on doing multiple backups or a backup from another backup. We expect all backup processes to start with the original disk. The files on your Xbox 1 HD are a backup and starting the construction of another backup from them is not allowed as the end results would be multiple backups (one on your Xbox 1 HDisk and one for your X360).

Starting with the original, you can put it in the XBOX 1 DVD and start Craxtion (qwix or any other) to rip it straight on you PC HDisk (or use your X360 tools: Drive and XBCr) and continue the process from there with XDVDMUlleter (or similar). You can also use a SH-D162C drive with Kreon FW to do a X360 style image on your Hdisk to start the process.

We accept discussion on this process or any other process that brings you from your original to that original and ONE backup (including the one on the Xbox 1 HDisk or any .iso on your PC HDisk).

Rgds,soso

so what is the targeted x360 drive and FW?
Which drive is usually used for x360 extraction?

rgds, soso

Edited by sosotiit, 29 March 2007 - 08:51 PM.

#13 pohclan

pohclan

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 12:58 PM

QUOTE(sosotiit @ Mar 29 2007, 09:57 PM) View Post

I am smile.gif ,

obviously if we agree on the fact that backup are made from the original. No backup from backup as per the rules at the top of the section where the XdvdMulleter thread is:
so what is the targeted x360 drive and FW?
Which drive is usually used for x360 extraction?

rgds, soso

Well
I put the original xbox game in the xbox
I transfer the files to my PC through FlashFXP (but I can also use Qwix to make the ISO)
Then, in XDVDMulleter I select the folder with the game files and create the ISO just like the tutorial starting from point 3.

I want to use it on a Xbox 360 with Samsung Drive and Xtreme 5.2 Firmware.

#14 sosotiit

sosotiit

X-S Transcendental

• Head Moderators
  • 6,034 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 02:21 PM

easiest is to use the same as you x360 backup (I assume your x360 samsung) and do your image with XBCr, then burn it as DL (Your original question was about doing it DL).
if you want it SL then convert than image using xdvdmulleter to dvd5.

or you could use your xbox1 drive with craxtion or qwix (I beleive that you can deactive the XBE patching before the extraction) to make an iso on your PC. Then use Mulleter on that to do a dvd5. Doing a DVD9 would required reinserting your SS... and would make it more complex. It would simply then just be easier to use you x360 drive/XBCr to do a DL like for x360 game.

rgds, soso

Edited by sosotiit, 30 March 2007 - 02:22 PM.

#15 pohclan

pohclan

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 02:23 PM

QUOTE(sosotiit @ Mar 30 2007, 03:28 PM) View Post

easiest is to use the same as you x360 backup (I assume your x360 samsung) and do your image with XBCr, then burn it as DL (Your original question was about doing it DL).
if you want it SL then convert than image using xdvdmulleter to dvd5.

or you could use your xbox1 drive with craxtion or qwix (I beleive that you can deactive the XBE patching before the extraction) to make an iso on your PC. Then use Mulleter on that to do a dvd5. Doing a DVD9 would required reinserting your SS... and would make it more complex. It would simply then just be easier to use you x360 drive/XBCr to do a DL like for x360 game.

rgds, soso

Ok. Thank you very much.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users