ludacrisvp

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 06 February 2007 - 01:45 AM

I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing poor customer service with their 360 warranty service.
Here is what happened to me:

Jan 6th - 3 Red lights of certain death,
Called M$ and they sent me a box to send in my 360.
Box arrived a few days later, sent console back to M$.
Jan 18th they sent an email saying they got it and an hour later an email saying the console was on its way to me.

Jan 23rd 12:45pm - Xbox 360 received in a flimsy plain white box and it had a HUGE HOLE in the side of the box and the foam packing around the console was damaged as well. This hole was the size of the entire side of the box. The UPS guy was trying to make me take it, he is like look inside it looks fine to me. I said no I am not going to accept it and he took it away and sent it back to M$

Jan 23rd 12:50pm - I called M$ to complain about the shipping and informed them that I refused to accept the physically damaged console. They put me on hold for about 20 minutes while he got his supervisor.
They ended up saying they were sorry for the inconvenience and would be sending a different console to me right away because he looked on UPS tracking and it showed the console was on its way back to the service center. He said that they would send me an email with a tracking number when it was sent.

Jan 25th 1:00pm - I called M$ to get my tracking number since no email was received yet. This time they said that no console could be sent out because they don't have the damaged one from UPS yet. I told them what I was told during my last call and they didn't care. He said once the console is received then they will send out a different machine. I was on this call for 2 hours, 45 minutes of it was time spent on hold while they transfered me to 4 different people and I had to tell everyone what was going on. The last person I spoke to said that the console should be sent out no later than FEBRUARY 1st!

Jan 26th 2:22pm - UPS reports service center had received the console, I decided not to call because M$ said they would send a system when this one was received.

Feb 5th 10:00am - I decided to give M$ some time and I called them today because I should have my console by now even if it was shipped on 2-01-07. I wait on hold for 15 minutes and the guy comes back to say this is being handled by our escalations department and we should have an update for you in 3-5 business days... WTF?!?!

What kind of customer service is this?
.... Sounds like I need to donate to the big box project....
QUOTE(The Big Box Project @ Feb 2 2007, 09:17 PM)

T2: We extended that service to you as a courtesy, we did not have to do that.
ME: So you're saying that you guys have consciously decided to no longer be courteous?

That is probably the 2nd best part of that whole conversation.
Anyone else slightly irritated with M$ service?

#2 esc1

esc1

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,728 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 06 February 2007 - 01:55 AM

Xbox customer service is the worst I have ever dealt with and can't imagine worse. Slow, rude, ignorant, the list goes on and on. I could rant so much about it, but its not worth it. Do what you have to do, but don't turn to them unless you have to.

#3 THEsirloin

THEsirloin

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 131 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 06 February 2007 - 02:12 AM

I agree the M$ Xbox staff are just plain bloody horrible! instead of ringing them up find the MS head office number and ring it up asking for there head of PR! I spoke to i guy called Dan when i had loads of crap with them regarding My console and 4 games going missing from THERE repaire center.

Anyway i am also starting a new thread for uk residence about the state of the 360 as a product and how we as consumers can do smoething to get M$ to sort out all this crap. I'll post a link soon.

#4 THEsirloin

THEsirloin

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 131 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 06 February 2007 - 02:50 AM

Please read and report your issue's to Watchdog!

Here's a link to my thread.

I'm fed up with 360's Breaking.

#5 ludacrisvp

ludacrisvp

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 07 February 2007 - 05:17 AM

QUOTE(THEsirloin @ Feb 5 2007, 07:57 PM) View Post

Please read and report your issue's to Watchdog!

Here's a link to my thread.

I'm fed up with 360's Breaking.

Well I would but I am in the USA and that, as far as I can tell is only a UK thing.

#6 SphtKr76

SphtKr76

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 07 February 2007 - 04:05 PM

My 360 broke on Jan 31, I called immediately, they sent the box 2 days later. I sent it out the same day and just got it back on Monday. So from break day to get the new one day was less than 2 weeks. I am very pleased with their service.

#7 bucko

bucko

Super Moderator

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,997 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 07 February 2007 - 09:43 PM

Unlucky, but surely you have the option to take your original 360 back to the shop with your receipt from were you bought it from. They should exchange it for a new one there if it's FAULTY. Far better than M$ sending you an empty box imho, plus soon as you get home you got a new console. Well that's how it works in the UK at least, but to many people abuse the system and damage there consoles on purpose.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users