• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 adzule

adzule

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 07:59 AM

I searched the forum and couldn't find a reference to this anywhere so I am posting it here, hopefully it will be easily fixed until then I have also included a "work around" if anyone else is as frustrated with and confused about it as I was.

In the new releases of XBMC (I am using XBMC-SVN_2007-02-01_rev7767-T3CH) it changes how you add content to the library and search for its info in IMDB. You now white button the folder you want to work with and select "Set Content" it then has you select the content type and automatically searches everything in either IMDB or Jaded Video. The problem is that when using MC360 if you select Set Content it sounds like it is trying to pop up a context menu, but there is nothing displayed on the screen (presumably because a skin for this feature has not yet been implemented). I tried this on a completely fresh install (wiped the whole XBMC folder and started from scratch) and tried again, still no luck.

A temporary fix for anyone else with this problem, if you haven't figured it out already, just switch back to another skin (I used Project Gotham III) and Set Content there, and just change back to MC360 when your done setting everything back up.

Hope that helps someone, and that the team here is able to get that fixed for an upcoming release

#2 Jezz_X

Jezz_X

X-S Knowledgebase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,531 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 06 February 2007 - 11:33 AM

yeah I know the problem is the version of mc360 in the public 99b is very outdated
But rest assured that the version 1.0 will have all the stuff needed for it to be fully compatible with xbmc from the day it is released smile.gif
And after that it will have a public SVN so people can download the fixes / addons as they are made instead of having to wait months for a release on the website

#3 ppan76

ppan76

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 05:54 AM

I had the problem first. But to get this to work without having to switch skins do the following:

For example your movies are at the root of this folder
\MOVIES\

If you try to set content on the root you will get the bug. The way I got this to work was to move all the movies to MOVIES2 which is a subfolder of MOVIES.

\MOVIES\MOVIES2

Then set content on MOVIES2 and it will work.

Hope that helps.

I was so annoyed with this bug and thought there was something wrong with my install. But I was able to get it to work like this.

Edited by ppan76, 07 February 2007 - 05:57 AM.

#4 Jezz_X

Jezz_X

X-S Knowledgebase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,531 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 07 February 2007 - 09:12 AM

Its not the bug he is talking about the one he is talking abotu is mc360 is actually missing the dialog to set the content

#5 Blackbolt

Blackbolt

Skin God

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts
  • Interests:Graphic Design
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 07 February 2007 - 03:36 PM

Yep, but we won't be releasing new versions of MC360 on the site every few months, if there is a necessary update, it will be available for download from the SVN and the Website in a compiled build. Whether it be at hte end of every week via a collection of fixes etc.

#6 ppan76

ppan76

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 12:23 AM

QUOTE(Jezz_X @ Feb 7 2007, 09:19 AM) View Post

Its not the bug he is talking about the one he is talking abotu is mc360 is actually missing the dialog to set the content

Ok

Edited by ppan76, 08 February 2007 - 12:34 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users