vermilion

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 06 February 2007 - 01:33 PM

Here's the deal. I power on my PC and after my drives are found I power on my 360. System boots into dos with no problem and then I type mktflash/r/m/sata orig.bin. After that sata 1 and 2 pops up on the screen, I cut the power to my 360 and pick sata 1. After that I use the 10 sec trick and right after the count of 10 and some times a little longer, I power my system back on. System starts up but the little green light is flashing and no FW is copied to my floppy. What am i doing wrong? I'm using.........

VIA VT6421 SATA Card
hexedit mktflash
TS-H943 drive with MS-28 FW

#2 cerealkillajme

cerealkillajme

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,241 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 06 February 2007 - 03:43 PM

Everything looks good that your doing. Only thing I could think is maybe it's not hexed right, if you hex edited it yourself I'd try Xtreme Boot Maker. If it's not that then maybe your timing on the 10 seconds, but I doubt that, I do mine at random times between 5-10 seconds and it works everytime.

Do you get a status or error after cutting the 360 off and selecting one?

#3 vermilion

vermilion

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 05:38 PM

QUOTE(cerealkillajme @ Feb 6 2007, 09:50 AM) View Post

Everything looks good that your doing. Only thing I could think is maybe it's not hexed right, if you hex edited it yourself I'd try Xtreme Boot Maker. If it's not that then maybe your timing on the 10 seconds, but I doubt that, I do mine at random times between 5-10 seconds and it works everytime.

Do you get a status or error after cutting the 360 off and selecting one?

Here's what's on the screen after I type in mtkflash....... and press 1

Drive Scaned
1. via 6421A Pr Master
2. via 6421A Sec Master
Choose one drive:1
Port: efa0,Master/Slave:a0 ( This is there after I turn the system off and stays there when I turn it back on after the 10 sec)

Edited by vermilion, 06 February 2007 - 05:39 PM.

#4 vermilion

vermilion

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 07:10 PM

Could it be that I need a VIA VT6421L SATA Card and the VIA VT6421 SATA Card that I have will not work for this drive?

#5 cerealkillajme

cerealkillajme

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,241 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 06 February 2007 - 07:20 PM

L is more compatible than A, but you can still use it fine. If your using a hexed MTKflash for 6421L then you need the A one. Really just use Xtreme Boot Maker to create it for you, if you use that and it finds your chipset then much better chances of that working than a pre-edited one.

You said that status is there when you turn it off. Your supposed to turn it off, then hit 1 or 2 and should see the status, then when you cut it back on it should begin dumping instantly.

#6 vermilion

vermilion

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 10:50 PM

The Port: efa0,Master/Slave:a0 isn't there before I press 1, sorry typed that wrong. I have tried Xtreme Boot Maker but the same thing happens.I turn the system off hit 1 wait 10 secs then I turn the system back on, but the efa0,Master/Slave:a0 is still there

#7 vermilion

vermilion

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 05:30 AM

Ok now I have a new problem, while flashing the drive with X52A.bin, I got an error message saying can't read from drive A. I tried to abort, and retry but it just took me back to the same message. So, the only thing I could do was restart the system and now I get an error 65 which from what I have read means bricked drive. Someone plz tell me there's a way to fix this. I still have my orig.bin file

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users