Photo

Logitech Xbox Wireless Headset On A 360 Wireless Controler?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 iwillrace

iwillrace

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 06 February 2007 - 06:43 PM

Does anyone know how I would go about using an old xbox cordless headset on a 360 cordless controler? does anyone have an idea of what the wireing diagram of the old xbox controler is? I have a Logitech head set that plugs into the memcard slot on an old xbox controler and I thoght why couldt this work? So any ideas woudl be helpfull thanks Greg

#2 monkeyflungpoo

monkeyflungpoo

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 06 February 2007 - 07:05 PM

I had one of these laying around, I ended up throwing it out, because my original Xbox 1 went bye buy and I didn't have a use for it. I haven't heard of any mod for this, but hey you never know.

#3 RDC

RDC

X-S Seraphic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,778 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 06 February 2007 - 07:52 PM

Can't be done, not easily anyway. You'd have to have the adapter part torn down and hope that the mic/speaker signals didn't go from the transmitter/receiver right to the USB connection that thing uses, which it probably does. Even if it didn't, tearing it down and getting into all that really small SMT stuff would really bite for most modders out there, plus it runs off 5v and the Wireless controller has 2.5 to 3v supply to use, so there's another hurdle to get over.

#4 Arjun

Arjun

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,867 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 06 February 2007 - 08:56 PM

Many have tried, all have failed. People can't seem to figure it out since there is no actual audio line to tap into.

#5 iwillrace

iwillrace

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 03:34 AM

If it works of the usb maybe I can use the usb on the 360 itself I wonder if that has the sound running off of it or if it is just for a mouse and keyboard that kind of stuff
does anyone have a wiring diagram for the 360 controler and the logitec slot adapter
Greg

#6 RDC

RDC

X-S Seraphic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,778 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 07 February 2007 - 06:07 AM

QUOTE(iwillrace @ Feb 6 2007, 09:41 PM) View Post

If it works of the usb maybe I can use the usb on the 360 itself I wonder if that has the sound running off of it or if it is just for a mouse and keyboard that kind of stuff
does anyone have a wiring diagram for the 360 controler and the logitec slot adapter
Greg

Only things designed for the 360 will work on the 360, they have a security chip in them, so that idea's already a no go, plus USB doesn't work like that. The only way to do it would be to tear down the Transmitter/Receiver (part for the controller) and find the mic/speaker signals. This is most likely all done inside an IC or two of that thing, so that idea is right out as well. Unless you want to ruin the thing just trying it, there's no way to do it.

#7 iwillrace

iwillrace

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 12:18 PM

well tahns for the help I just hate to throw away a good wireless headset that still works great I dont understand why microsoft makes a nice wireless controller and give you a cheap piece of crap headset

#8 Arjun

Arjun

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,867 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 07 February 2007 - 09:42 PM

QUOTE(iwillrace @ Feb 7 2007, 12:25 PM) View Post

well tahns for the help I just hate to throw away a good wireless headset that still works great I dont understand why microsoft makes a nice wireless controller and give you a cheap piece of crap headset

Because if they give you an expensive piece of notcrap you'd be paying more. Notice how you paid extra for a wireless headset for the Xbox, now you have to do the same for the 360.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users