• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 abcme

abcme

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 01:31 AM

ok, I finally got a crossover cable, and..

when I connect my xbox to pc with the crossover cable, my xbox detects the connection, cuz

and the bottom left of Avalaunch it displays my ip, but also error?

looks like

192.168.0.3 Err

and my pc tells me that my LAN connection has low/no connectivity.

I'm stumped, I read guides on how to set up the ftp connection, but I can't seem to get it working.

#2 ThaCrip

ThaCrip

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 19 February 2007 - 05:26 PM

basically fine the avalaunch's ftp settings out and then adjust your pc's to they work with avalaunch and then try conncting with a ftp program such as FlashFXP.... also turn OFF the DHCP option in avalaunch as you will need to setup a manual (STATIC) ip address.

that should take care of it... or you can have more options by loading up a dashboard such as UnleashX on your xbox (run it as a application) as this allows adjusting of FTP settings on the fly.

heres a example...

say avalaunch's ftp settings are like this...

ip address = 192.168.1.104
subnet mask = 255.255.255.0
default gateway = 192.168.1.1

you would than adjust your pc's settings something like this...

ip address = 192.168.1.103 (as long as this is even similar primarily speaking the first 3 numbers then your good)
subnet mask = 255.255.255.0
default gateway = 192.168.1.1

#3 Xombe

Xombe

X-S Xbox Xombe

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,198 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 20 February 2007 - 08:47 AM

"The first three numbers?" Are you telling him to ignore his subnet and machine number?

OP: Check and/or list your PC NIC's config. Run "ipconfig /all" (sans quotes) from a command prompt and list that, too.

While this might not be the case, there is a very good chance your PC's NIC is set for an IP of 192.186.1.x. If that's the case, your Xbox is on a different subnet given the IP you've assigned it.

IPB Image
http://www.chefelf.c.../networking.php

Edited by Xombe, 21 February 2007 - 02:07 AM.

#4 ThaCrip

ThaCrip

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 21 February 2007 - 03:52 AM

i aint telling em to ignore the subnet i was just giving em an example as to howto set up his ftp stuff so he can transfer files from pc to xbox or xbox to pc etc.

although i guess after re-reading my post i should have been more clear on that 3 numbers thing as what i said just confused em ill bet.... i was basically trying to say... "ip address = 192.168.1.103 (as long as this is even similar primarily speaking the LAST (example... xxx.xxx.x.XXX (X = these are numbers im talking about) ) numbers then you should be good. (im assuming the first 3 sets of numbers "xxx.xxx.x" are the same on both xbox and the pc)

my bad, i should have cleared that up wink.gif ... but since you posted that link im sure that will make it about as easy as it will get for him.

p.s. i sometimes type so quick i end up making errors that i dont notice til i re-read the stuff i typed lol

Edited by ThaCrip, 21 February 2007 - 03:57 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users