6 replies to this topic

#1 karimko

karimko

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 07:01 PM

Hello everyone,
I'm posting this again on a seperate topic for everyone to read.
I can't understand why some people are blaming GaryOPA for not releasing a new firmware for the Hitachi drive? is this a way of saying thank you? do you support someone only if he gives something in return?
don't you think he made lots of effort and spend lots of his time modifying the firmware to give us a solution for playing our backups without asking us for anything in return?
Sorry guys but the least we should do is thank GaryOPA and all other involved in modifying the 360 dvd firmware cause without them we are either paying commercial guys or not being able to play our backups.

To GaryOPA, C4E and all others involved in bringing us the modified firmwares, I would like to send my regards and thanks for everything you have done.

Best of luck for everyone.

Just another thing i would like to add, I bought my son a Wii console and i'm obliged to buy the winja modified chip to be able to play backups but i will not do it cause with guys like GaryOPA and C4E in the scene i'm sure another one will share with us a modified firmware soon and then we should thank him and not blame him if he didn't support us with an upgrade version in the future.

I didn't mean to offend anyone here please guys forgive me if i said anything against you but the truth should be said.

#2 as905

as905

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 07:04 PM

GaryOPA is da man wink.gif

#3 Antman1

Antman1

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 07 February 2007 - 07:40 PM

agreed. so many unappreciated people but these men are tha men

#4 BCfosheezy

BCfosheezy

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 07 February 2007 - 08:59 PM

Yes, I don't even use their firmware as I don't have an issue with disc scratching, but I am still appreciative of the work they do.It's just immature little kids that demand things and do not appreciate anything. This is the kind of thing that scene is vulnerable to. The leaders of Xbox-Scene were posed with the question of some sort of test or filter that would attempt to keep people like this out of the scene, but since there is really no way to do that but still keeping the information free and freely available they wisely chose not to. So many of us (including myself) have never contributed anything to the scene but feel we are a vital part of it.... we're not. It's these creators that are.

#5 bucko

bucko

Super Moderator

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,997 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 07 February 2007 - 09:15 PM

cause without them we are either paying commercial guys or not being able to play our backups.

Can you just clarify what you mean by that, I hope you don't mean Piracy. Sorry I am tired.

#6 karimko

karimko

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 10:13 PM

@bucko,
I ment that the modified firmware from GaryOPA and C4E helped us and gave us an option to backup our game and safe it and avoid it from scratching it's not a piracy.
And about comercial guys, i ment we don't have to pay to buy any modified chip to be able to use the backup games.

hope it's clear now.

#7 Radioedit420

Radioedit420

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 135 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 07 February 2007 - 11:07 PM

QUOTE(BCfosheezy @ Feb 7 2007, 03:06 PM) View Post

Yes, I don't even use their firmware as I don't have an issue with disc scratching, but I am still appreciative of the work they do.
It's just immature little kids that demand things and do not appreciate anything. This is the kind of thing that scene is vulnerable to.
So many of us (including myself) have never contributed anything to the scene but feel we are a vital part of it.... we're not. It's these creators that are.

Truer words were never spoken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users