5 replies to this topic

#1 PatchOne

PatchOne

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 11:07 PM

Hello out there!

i have some problems, and wanna ask here if someone could help me...

First of all, i have a Xbox360 since 1 week and i have a Problem... i wanna connect it to my PC , but my PC dont find it in the WMP11 Media Share Option...

i have tried Everything... Firewall off, other Networkcable, windows services like upnp are running, tried some programs - but nothing works , i really tried everything! so i need some professional help here, i hope some "xbox 1337īs" are looking into this forum part... 8info: xbox live works fine)

now to my other problem... i have some normal old xbox games and wanna play them... sure it works nice, but now i wanna make some backups from that old xbox games... how to do? i dont know, i just browsed through some programs but idk what to do... so this questions

can i make backups from old Xbox Games, just with PC - or do i need the xbox drive for that - and would the xbox 360 drive work too...?

does it give any programs to copy (like with the old xbox) old xbox games from cd directly to the xbox360 HDD, to play them from there? (would be an option to evade backups)

and would a backup of an old xbox game (burned cd/dvd) work on an xbox360 - without any mod chips??

it would be nice if anyone could help me... and it would be really nice, if anyone who speaks German and has icq, could add me and could explain me some things directly...

#2 atlcj0010

atlcj0010

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 08 February 2007 - 06:03 PM

1. xbox.com has a networking setup guide. You can use wmp11 or you can use the Zune software which is what I use.
2. The easiest way I have found is using the Kreon drive. You can also use the old xbox drive and I am not 100% sure if the 360 drive will work.. it should though..
3. There currently is no way to rip to hdd and play. you have to use dvd
4. the xbox backup made with xbox360 creater will work on 360 with modded firmware.. with xtreme 5.2 you can burn to single layer and play with hitatchi drive you must burn to dvd+r dl.. and they must be on the backward compatible list

hope this clears a little up..

#3 C o s m o

C o s m o

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,296 posts
  • Interests:The Shocker, mudbutt, luge lessons, buggery.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 08 February 2007 - 06:18 PM

#2 is easy: READ HERE

As for #1...I'm assuming that you were using WMC, and have now upgraded to WMP11.

On your 360, delete the old setup. You want it to look like you haven't ever connected to a PC. Now rerun it on the 360 with WMP11 running on your PC. Then you can go in and allow the 360 in WMP11, and you should be set.

#4 PatchOne

PatchOne

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 06:21 PM

to point 1, like i already said, i tried everything! that includes every tutorial on this earth wink.gif
it just dont work...

thx for the other informations.

"the xbox backup made with xbox360 creater will work on 360 with modded firmware."

what does this mean? how can i make a iso from the xbox360 game cd? if i put the cd in my normal DVD drive, it have just 6 mb and have some DVD Movie files on it... so how can i just make a iso... thats my important question, making an image rom a xbox360 game and save it to my PC...

and modded firmware.. .does this mean i dont have to build in a modchip into my xbox360?
and does it give any easy tutorials for this?

i hope anyone can help me here again smile.gif

Edit// nope i never used WMC... its a fresh and clean Windows XP Pro SP2 Install, full updated and with WMP11 - the XBOX is the same, its total new, just now 5 days old!

Edited by PatchOne, 08 February 2007 - 06:23 PM.

#5 atlcj0010

atlcj0010

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 08 February 2007 - 06:26 PM

ok.. to get the image off an xbox 360 disc you have to use either your modded console.. or you have to use the kreon drive which you can get off ebay. just type "kreon .81" that is the drive you want.. find the cheapest one and get it. then once you have that all you have to do is put the game in open xbox backup creater and click start. it will read the entire disc in about 10-15 mins..

the firmware is simple to flash you can find guides all over. this is by far the best one out. it will explain everything word for word and tell you exactly how to do everything from opening the xbox to getting the firmware to flashing it and to burning all games.. just read it and then come back if you have more questions..

http://www.360mods.n...ails/id=61.html

btw you have to download it.. it is a quick download..

#6 PatchOne

PatchOne

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 07:08 PM

one question in front ... can i reflash the original firmwar, if anything is broken with my xbox, and then closing it so noone can see^^ so i can get my warranty?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users