X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 100 posts
  • Interests:Stuff.
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 08 February 2007 - 08:17 PM

The delayed demo for DJ:I is finally out today on the Marketplace. You can play either as Big Boi or T.I., who almost look the same, at the Gas Station level. The demo is as short as Homecourt. You only get like 5 minutes of gameplay, then it takes you back to the main menu of the game. It doesn't take you back to the Dashboard. The gameplay is very simple and complex, but it takes a while to master all the moves, because I haven't gotten all the moves to work yet. So enjoy the demo!

Edited by Raging Walrus, 08 February 2007 - 08:18 PM.

#2 DarkSabre_X

DarkSabre_X

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 09 February 2007 - 03:05 AM

Seems no one else is gonna say anything about this but you walrus so i might as well drop my 2 cents into the well. I like the demo. It goes in a different direction than the last 2 games and really lends some innovation to the fighting game genre. i agree it's easy enough for anyone to pick up and play but seems to be deep enough for true gamers to really shine in. glad EA is finally taking that step forward trying to bring something new into the scene without alienating casual gamers. can't wait for the full game to drop!!!!

#3 jimjom

jimjom

X-S Freak

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts
  • Interests:4 8 15 16 23 42
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 09 February 2007 - 03:38 AM

QUOTE(Raging Walrus @ Feb 8 2007, 08:24 PM) View Post

The gameplay is very simple and complex, but it takes a while to master all the moves, because I haven't gotten all the moves to work yet.

things cant really be simple and complex at the same time without some kind of identifying factor... blink.gif

#4 MrBones

MrBones

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 415 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 11 February 2007 - 01:09 AM

Of course they can, especially fighting games. Most can be easily beaten with some practice and patience, but a pro can breeze right through it with a completely different strategy.

Maybe I'm missing something, but this game's fighting system seems somewhat shallow. I haven't played any of the other games, so if I'm missing something important please enlighten me, but as it stands now, I'll think I'll take a pass on this one.

#5 dvsone

dvsone

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 04:15 PM

I thought it sucked and hold my head down in shame for expecting a decent title. Nothing about this game felt good or fun. I'll rent it and give it one more chance once it comes out. If it still sucks, I think I might quit my job and stand at my local EB and warn people that attempt to buy it. This game is ricka ricka Ca-Ca-Ca-Crap booom.

Edited by dvsone, 11 February 2007 - 04:19 PM.

#6 kingla

kingla

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 15 February 2007 - 12:14 PM

QUOTE(dvsone @ Feb 11 2007, 04:22 PM) View Post

I thought it sucked and hold my head down in shame for expecting a decent title. Nothing about this game felt good or fun. I'll rent it and give it one more chance once it comes out. If it still sucks, I think I might quit my job and stand at my local EB and warn people that attempt to buy it. This game is ricka ricka Ca-Ca-Ca-Crap booom.

I Have to agree i got so excited about this release. I never got into the fighting games but def jam FFNY was one of the best games i had played everyone i know who played loved it created our charecters and versed each other. Blazing moves, slaming heads into walls, submisions and taunting the opponent it rocked. I was hopeing for same game play better graphics new beats and new ppl but i was shocked when the only thing it had goin for it was the beats and graphics. sad.gif

#7 grim_d

grim_d

The Grim Gopher

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,483 posts
  • Interests:enjoying life.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 15 February 2007 - 12:35 PM

icon has been developed by different people. I'm led to belive it's the people who did Fight night, hence the change.

I've yet to form an opinion on it, i'll have to wait till the full game comes out.

#8 luther349

luther349

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,360 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 07:17 AM

played the demo the games not worth even renting. i did like fight for ny and the first one but this one is crap. gfx wise its pretty amising but thats all it has the fighting was 100 times better in ny the backrounds are so friggen unreal it runes the game even for a sub par fighter. when will the fucking devs lern its not the gfx that make a game good its gameplay. thers knothing good i can say abought this game relly its just bad all the way around.

#9 Vfreitas

Vfreitas

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 21 February 2007 - 06:37 AM

Amazing graphics.

Other than that it was craaaaappp.

0 user(s) are reading this topic