#1 herbsta

herbsta

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5
  • 360 version:none

Posted 09 February 2007 - 02:06 AM

I just got a new notebook this week, it uses windows vista premium..... the problem is i cannot get it to have ftp access to my xbox. i have messed with tons of settings and nothing. if anyone can walk me through regaining ftp access to my xbox in VISTA please let me know how to do it this is makin me mad.. thanks for your help

-herb

#2 pugrun

pugrun

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 07:24 AM

Yes I am also having the same problem where I have installed vista ultimate & the network in vista does not see my xbox. I can still access my network shares located on vista hard drives while in xbmc. I can also ping xbox in a command prompt in vista.
Like the previous post in winxp I just added the xbox to my network by adding a ftp link to it (ftp://xbox:xbox@10.1.1.3)
I did some trolling on various forums but had trouble locating anything that related to this situation. I found one site hxxp://www.tweakvista.com/article39001.aspx that mentioned that vista basically sees the xbox as a NAS device & it mentioned that a network service had to be changed. I did this, but still had no luck.
I might try the media centre section of vista as that might be the best solution for now..
Would appreciate any help if anyone has any ideas on how to resolve this network problem..

#3 §piktsµ

§piktsµ

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 03:53 PM

QUOTE(pugrun @ Feb 18 2007, 02:00 AM) View Post

Yes I am also having the same problem where I have installed vista ultimate & the network in vista does not see my xbox. I can still access my network shares located on vista hard drives while in xbmc. I can also ping xbox in a command prompt in vista.
Like the previous post in winxp I just added the xbox to my network by adding a ftp link to it (ftp://xbox:xbox@10.1.1.3)
I did some trolling on various forums but had trouble locating anything that related to this situation. I found one site hxxp://www.tweakvista.com/article39001.aspx that mentioned that vista basically sees the xbox as a NAS device & it mentioned that a network service had to be changed. I did this, but still had no luck.
I might try the media centre section of vista as that might be the best solution for now..
Would appreciate any help if anyone has any ideas on how to resolve this network problem..

I was wondering if you are still having problems..
I was able to connect following this instructions:

Assuming you have Vista OS and are connected directly to your xbox from your PC/Laptop with an ethernet cable:

Go to Network & Sharing Centre,
Click 'Manage Network Connections'
Right-Click 'Local Area Connection'
Click 'Properties'
Click 'Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)'
Click 'Properties'
Click 'Use the following IP address'
Enter IP Address: 192.168.0.1 and Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0
Click 'Close'

Make sure your Xbox has a static IP - usually 192.168.0.2

Set FlashFXP up to recognise your xbox using the static IP address you assigned it and enter 'xbox' for both the username and pass.

Works for me on my Vista laptop.

Hope this works.

Well yesterday I modded a XBOX and now I have VISTA OS...
I didnt have an issue connecting to the XBOX using the tutorial above...
But the connection was so slow 1kb per second.
I tried and tried and played with it to see if i could figure something out,
but nothing.. so I was just wondering if you or anybody who reads this have
had the same issue... And how did you manage it to have the FTP connection
at full speed using VISTA OS ... today when I get home im going to try
WindowsXP to see if that's where the issue is... If I get the same connection
speed then i'll know for sure it's the cable and not the OS wink.gif

IPB Image

#4 ttWiZtt

ttWiZtt

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 01:26 AM

yup i do wut the guy above me said! only difference is i use the ip address 192.168.0.3 for the xbox, and 192.168.0.4 for the "protocol 4." thats always worked for me.

i dont kno why ur gettin such slow speeds. try the ip addresses i use, see if that makes a difference in speed.

#5 1hotjob

1hotjob

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,761 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 07 March 2009 - 08:49 PM

I was having connection problems myself with a new laptop. I finally got it to connect. Connect the crossover cable to the PC and the Xbox. Turn on the PC. Wait a few minutes, then turn on the Xbox. I did this several times now and it connects each time.

The first time I tried it I used the ftp://xbox:xbox@xxx.xxx.x.xxx format in Windows Explorer. I don't know if that made a difference, but FlashFXP works now.

#6 §piktsµ

§piktsµ

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 05:36 PM

I found out what the issue was!
Xbox was running Evox 2.7 and
the FTP process was super crazy slow 0.4kbs!
So I thought.. huh.. what if I run another dashboard?
That may help.. then I did.. it then came to normal, awesome speed!
10mb per sec.. And Im using Vista Ultimate (HP laptop)
Works great!

IPB Image

#7 avngrboy

avngrboy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 19 April 2009 - 07:03 AM

I am still having trouble connecting to my xbox using flashfxp on Vista. Can someone give me some more help. What other settings should I look at?

Thanks in advance,
Chris

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users